Self Kudos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey---nice going. Now you can move out from under that crummy bridge.

I did not realize you were an educated man. Hmmm....I would like to request you ramp up that vocabulary when hangin' with us. Missed ya.

Catherine, has your man come home yet? I would have loved to be a fly in that limo on the way home...LOLOLOL!!!!

Ohh and thank you....the ironic part is...it was an online school.....so all my communication was done online...posting etc..much like I do here...well, except I was serious most of the time. :)

Umm, not that I know of. :)

A lot of people think online school is not serious, but in several ways it is much more difficult than a traditional learning atmosphere. In fact, a growing trend of employers are recognizing this and are taken note of employer candidates who have online degrees.

For one, you have to be an excellent written communicator. All communication is done over the internet. Also, while there are set due dates for assignments you have to schedule your time wisely and participate in discussions.

For me this was easy...SB actually helped me in that manner...having dealt with and argued numerous points online over the last 4 years..communicating in a professional atmosphere was no big deal....just had to be serious and not troll and keep the humor light.

J

Jep - fingers cross that hubby finishes his uni degree next June and he too is doing it online with occasional "residential school" for a few days to catch up with the lecturer.

personally, i couldnt do it - im a visual person and need the face to face teaching

i look forward to ahving a normalish life and not having to plan vacations around assignments and exams!

seriously, im not taking the mickey out of ya when i say CONGRATS - huge accomplishment!!

now - you know the rules, a thread is worthless without pics so wheres the grad photos???

I skipped out on the graduation ceremony...i didnt feel like flying or driving to Minnesota to attend. I'm not big on the pomp and circumstance crap.

I'll send a pic of me in my tropical drysuit Sunday evening... :)

tropical... drysuit :huh:

be a man! you should be ready for lycra now!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom