Semi Dry Suit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have the ScubaPro Semi Drysuit? I am thinking about getting one but cant make up my mind. I have dove in drysuits most of all so I am a little uneasy about the semi dry part of it. Do you stay dry or is there just less water exchange that a wet suit. Any advice is great needed. Thank you

Gary

Does anyone have the ScubaPro Semi Drysuit? I am thinking about getting one but cant make up my mind. I have dove in drysuits most of all so I am a little uneasy about the semi dry part of it. Do you stay dry or is there just less water exchange that a wet suit. Any advice is great needed. Thank you

Gary

With semi-dry suits the suit minimizes the water exchange more so than a wetsuit...you definitely will not be dry diving in a semi-dry.

-Z

semidry does a good job of slowing down water exchange and therefore are warmer than standard wetsuits. you will get wet. a lot of guys here will (and i tend to agree) will say that if its cold enough to need semidry then save up money and get a drysuit. I understand the want to dive later into the year on a budget though lol. so one tip for a poor mans semidry is to wear a wetsuit with boots-hood-gloves, then ducktape the wrists and ankles which slows down water just like a semidry does.

One of the other instructors at my shop dives a SP semi-dry. He often gets out with some parts of his body still dry. But, never totally dry. I haven't tried one, but he definitely speaks highly of his.

Gary

If you get a good fitting semi-drysuit which seals well around your neck, ankles, and wrists you'll stay dry from your knees to your elbows. I have nothing but semi-drysuits in rental and often see my students staying dry in their mid section. If it floods, then it acts like a good wetsuit to keep you warm.

On another note, I am selling my semi-drysuit size L if you are interested. It has only been used once in the pool for a quick trial. It is in like new condition and the hood is included. It was my back up to my drysuit. Now that I have three drysuits I have no need for the semi-dry. PM me if you are interested. Shipping within the 48 states will be free.

I own a SP Nova Scotia semi-dry and can highly recommend them. The water exchange is very, very low. In fact if you properly fold in the wrist, neck and ankle seal you will get severe and painful suit squeeze if you don't let some water in during descent.

The suits are expensive and would consider the costs vs going dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom