Semi missed safety stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm unaware of a "the sign for safety stop", where does that come from? Sounds like local practice to me.

Missing a safety stop is not a problem.

Unless there's a real risk of getting separated, or having someone who's struggling, I would not want to hold hand with someone.

There's a universal sign for "let me do my stuff and mind your own business", it consists in one finger up, with all others in a fist. Usually you leave the middle finger up.

I agree...

As long as one goes over the signs prior to the dive it all works. I have seen different signs for safety stop. Just square it off with your dive buddy prior to descending.

Hold hands?????? What are you, kindergarteners on a field trip? Did she pin notes on your BC's with "If found, please return to the surface" on them?

Like others have said, find a new DM if you need one.

That DM would have had a 'gentle' tug on her goggles if she tried to drag me to the surface without my consent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom