Server is back up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce_Partridge

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
The Shearwater website is back up. It went down from traffic about 5 AM PDT. We have gone to an unlimited T2 should we should be good today.

Bruce

This is what happens when you release new pretties to the masses.

This may or may not be related to a server issue...I also just posted this on the Shearwater comments section..

...Hi,

I have updated to Shearwater Cloud v2.1.0 on my Android 8 and Windows 10.

I can no longer sync either device. The error message on Android reads “Sync Failed. Last Successful Sync:06/01/2018 …” which is just before I updated the Cloud software on each device.

Another strange thing noticed is that when it’s attempting to sync, it reads “downloading …/19”.
19 is strange amount of dives as I have about 70 dives logged on the Perdix.

Please let me know if my account is messed up. I have had a few glitches with log number in the past so I may have done something wrong.

Thanks
Paul

This unlikely to be related. It is our web server.

For support, please email support@shearwater.com

Bruce

This may or may not be related to a server issue...I also just posted this on the Shearwater comments section..

...Hi,

I have updated to Shearwater Cloud v2.1.0 on my Android 8 and Windows 10.

I can no longer sync either device. The error message on Android reads “Sync Failed. Last Successful Sync:06/01/2018 …” which is just before I updated the Cloud software on each device.

Another strange thing noticed is that when it’s attempting to sync, it reads “downloading …/19”.
19 is strange amount of dives as I have about 70 dives logged on the Perdix.

Please let me know if my account is messed up. I have had a few glitches with log number in the past so I may have done something wrong.

Thanks
Paul

Did you solved this issue? I have the same problem since the update.. I cannot synch the dives anymore from my Perdix AI to the phone (Android).

Did you solved this issue? I have the same problem since the update.. I cannot synch the dives anymore from my Perdix AI to the phone (Android).
No. I tried this morning and then again few minutes ago. As suggested I emailed Shearwater support yesterday. I haven't heard back yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180604-174106_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180604-174106_Gallery.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 57
No. I tried this morning and then again few minutes ago. As suggested I emailed Shearwater support yesterday. I haven't heard back yet.

Is the app updated? At least for iPhone there was a recent release.

Btw I did further tests and it looks like that the bug is with the recent updated (June 1st) Shearwater Cloud, I checked with both the smartphone and the PC (via BT dongle), they are the same app (I believe the desktop version is running under android emulator? or it's just java or whatever..) and the issue is identical.
Then I tested with the Desktop App (non cloud) and the dives are downloaded fine.
So, there's deffo something wrong with the recent update.

Btw I did further tests and it looks like that the bug is with the recent updated (June 1st) Shearwater Cloud, I checked with both the smartphone and the PC (via BT dongle), they are the same app (I believe the desktop version is running under android emulator? or it's just java or whatever..) and the issue is identical.
Then I tested with the Desktop App (non cloud) and the dives are downloaded fine.
So, there's deffo something wrong with the recent update.
I have found the same results using the same methods as you.
I hope they sort this out soon.

It's confirmed it is a bug with the software, in my case due to the number of dives stored on the computer (48), that is the number of dives that are downloaded at each "cycle", the software (due to the bug) get "confused" and doesn't exit from the loop. It should go away when you add another dive (or if you remove one). They are working on a fix btw.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom