settings for sony rx100 mII with ambient light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fish80

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What do you recommend?

I used a tg4 for a bit, became efficient with it using aperture priority (typically f2.0) and let the camera choose ISO and shutter speed. It worked well. Then I upgrated to a rx100 m2... panic!

I was very exicted, but as soon as I got the camera I ralized that it is so much more complex!! :-( I almost gave up and send it straight back to ebay!! And with the housing it is so hard to fiddle around with settings!

But then I though asking you guys... which settings do you recommend? I am using ambient light. Shooting large subjects like turtles, sharks etc. In blue water. Hawaii. I am good at getting close. I can change one thing (or ISO, or aperture, or shutter speed) but I do not think I can change all of them, too much.

Shall I keep shooting in aperture mode? My guess is that being the sensor much bigger f2.0 may be too bright? What do you recommend as "base aperture" to use as reference and the change.. or do you recommend another approach?

Ahh I forgot, what do you suggest for video? Just pressing the video button or there are better ways to do that? :-D

Thanks!

A shocked beginner .. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom