Setup Of Diamond Wing for Side Mount help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have had this wing for a couple years and haven't been happy with it. I think I just need help getting the inflator hose across my body and dump valve on top properly. Does anyone have this? I added clips in the back to clip off steal tanks and sliding D-rings. What is the best way to make a longer dump valve line, run it down a plastic tube? Saw a few guys do this. I have tried tying the inflator across my body like an X-deep but it always falls off. How are you guys setting yours up?

take some pictures of your actual rig.
To cross clip, it has to be clipped off properly, usually with a bungee loop and bolt snap that clips to your right shoulder d-ring.

For the dump valve, you have to get a piece of hose, usually sprinkler hose, but can also be an old reg/lpi hose that's cut to the appropriate length that runs from the dump valve itself *quite important it goes all the way back*, and then up to somewhere over your shoulder, typically a couple of inches above the left shoulder d-ring. This has a pull knob on the end of it.

the LPI is quite easy. Just make a loop out of bungee with some double-fishermans knots, same as a suicide strap/necklace on your short hose, but much smaller. With the knots together, and a bolt snap prusik'd into the loop, it should have to stretch a bit to get over the mouthpiece. Clip off to the right side.

The pull dump I'll have to see if I can find some pictures tomorrow

I can take some images of how I have one setup and post them tomorrow.

My LPI has shock cord that is attached to a small bolt snap that is clipped to the lower dring on the right shoulder

My shoulder dump is fed through small pneumatic tubing and is threaded through the trim pockets and on the end is tied to the strap with a couple zip ties.

Here is how my LPI is tied on. It’s just some thin bungee. I need to shorten it up a little.
F2CDFAF4-1121-4F80-97C5-541CEF54A27E.jpeg

Here is the top dump.
All I did was replace the string with a longer one. I put a dongle on the end because I dive in cold water and just tugging on string doesn’t work for me with dry gloves.
Since you don’t have weight pockets you can use inner tube or additional zip ties.

E39408DC-09E9-4A8E-BDF4-ABC5234F74FF.jpeg

Here is how my LPI is tied on. It’s just some thin bungee. I need to shorten it up a little.View attachment 570398

Here is the top dump.
All I did was replace the string with a longer one. I put a dongle on the end because I dive in cold water and just tugging on string doesn’t work for me with dry gloves.
Since you don’t have weight pockets you can use inner tube or additional zip ties.

View attachment 570399

that looks awesome. Where do I get the tube? Do I get a new string for my dump?

that looks awesome. Where do I get the tube? Do I get a new string for my dump?
You can use tubing for a fish aquarium.
Irrigation drip system tube will work.
I used Hvac pneumatic controls tubing.
Many hardware stores carry vinyl tubing.

I used excess cave line from a spool.

You can use tubing for a fish aquarium.
Irrigation drip system tube will work.
I used Hvac pneumatic controls tubing.
Many hardware stores carry vinyl tubing.

I used excess cave line from a spool.

are you using the diamond? Doesn’t seem to be very common like x-deep but I think I can make it work

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom