Seven days in Analao (with Blue Ribbon) after eight days in Sabang

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WoodyLompoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We took a private boat from Scandi to Blue Ribbon, booked via Scandi. It took two hours in somewhat rough seas (for here). No issues, other than an at sea rescue of my wife's visor.

Initial impressions of Blue Ribbon (four dives in):
Our group has three room types, premium, double, and a single. All are happy with room size, conditions, and comfort. (Night stands would be nice though.) There were internet issues last night. A bit of a problem for the guys in our group working remotely. Jonathan was able to resolve when he became aware. The food has been of very good quality and quantity. The resort is intimate and quiet. At the moment, only our group and one other diver.

Diving: Different than Sabang, but all in group have adjusted and are loving it. In only four dives, we have experienced all three of the guides. All have great eyes. Already hit some great sites, including "Bubbles". A couple of us were amazed by this site and think it would be a highlight of any visit.

If the rest of the week at Blue Ribbon compares to the first day and a half, we will be a very happy group.

Awesome Woody! You're really hitting the best operators!

Yeah, the diving tends to be a little different in Anilao than PG, but both are great. IMO, to do both in the same trip is a great idea.

Keep us posted!
:cheers:

We took a private boat from Scandi to Blue Ribbon, booked via Scandi. It took two hours in somewhat rough seas (for here). No issues, other than an at sea rescue of my wife's visor.

Initial impressions of Blue Ribbon (four dives in):
Our group has three room types, premium, double, and a single. All are happy with room size, conditions, and comfort. (Night stands would be nice though.) There were internet issues last night. A bit of a problem for the guys in our group working remotely. Jonathan was able to resolve when he became aware. The food has been of very good quality and quantity. The resort is intimate and quiet. At the moment, only our group and one other diver.

Diving: Different than Sabang, but all in group have adjusted and are loving it. In only four dives, we have experienced all three of the guides. All have great eyes. Already hit some great sites, including "Bubbles". A couple of us were amazed by this site and think it would be a highlight of any visit.

If the rest of the week at Blue Ribbon compares to the first day and a half, we will be a very happy group.
Thanks for the update-- looking forward to hearing more and particularly the comparisons of the dive sites between PG and Anilao.

I did Anilao and Dumaguete in May, Blue Ribbon and Pura Vida resorts, and had a great time. Checked a few to see boxes. Never see such a variety of critters.

Nothing wrong to combine PG with Dumaguete but just require extra travelling time as compare with PG + Anilao.
I would rather spend the time in diving than kicking my heel at the airport.

I did Anilao (Club Ocellaris) and Sabang/Puerto Galera (Action Divers) for a total of 60 dives back in 2013. I'm still trying to edit all the video I shot! Such great diversity of critters.

I did Anilao (Club Ocellaris) and Sabang/Puerto Galera (Action Divers) for a total of 60 dives back in 2013. I'm still trying to edit all the video I shot! Such great diversity of critters.

The never ending Edit Project.... I've also caught myself in that trap a few times... But hey, it's a good problem to have :thumb:

Here is my long-winded take after being here for 4 days now. I sometimes read reviews stating "best ever" and then you look at the posters profile and they have 25 dives. Feel free to look at my profile and then take the following review with as many grains of sea salt as you see fit.

Everyday here has been better than the day before. Taking into consideration that the days before have all been great this is saying a great deal. Initially, I thought there was less life here but it turns out I just had to adjust the way I was looking at things. The list of amazing creatures we are seeing just grows and grows. The guides here are exceptional and the service they provide is almost beyond belief. I actually told my group yesterday that the experience we had diving three tanks at the Caban Islands was the best day of diving I have ever had. An added bonus, in addition to the amazing three dives, was a great surface interval on the beach, and then an amazing picnic on the beach between the second and third dives. The weather turned on us in the afternoon so the dive manager called Jon, who happened to be diving with us, and Jon organized our being picked up at Secret Bay and taking a jeepnee back to the resort. For us first timers here in the Philippines, the jeepnee ride just added to the overall pleasure of this visit. As all posts about Anilao mention the insane variety of life, I doubt you need me listing a bunch of weird creatures here but needless to say we saw a huge number of phenomenal creatures on those three dives. As stated earlier. The guide's here have an amazing eye. Actually, I should capitalize the word amazing!

The way we are being treated at the resort is beyond compare. they want everyone to be happy and they are going to go out of the way to make sure you are happy. On a side note, one of our group mentioned he was sad they did not sell coconuts. Yesterday, when we returned from our dives, there was a stack of coconuts behind the bar. My wife and another diver mentioned that they wish there was more fish on the menu. Yesterday, fresh fish arrived! All of the staff here are going to make you feel at home and this resort is small enough that you literally feel you are at home and with your family. On a side note, my wife and I are avid hikers and after the dives we have gone up to the road and walked up and down in both directions checking out the area. There are plenty of resorts to choose from and by visiting a few of them we are very happy with the choice we made. (Of course, what you may be interested in maybe different than us.) Another advantage of the walk is that we got to talk to plenty of the locals and they are super nice.

Off to breakfast. (Always good here.) Then on to another great day of diving.

Here is my long-winded take after being here for 4 days now. I sometimes read reviews stating "best ever" and then you look at the posters profile and they have 25 dives. Feel free to look at my profile and then take the following review with as many grains of sea salt as you see fit.

Everyday here has been better than the day before. Taking into consideration that the days before have all been great this is saying a great deal. Initially, I thought there was less life here but it turns out I just had to adjust the way I was looking at things. The list of amazing creatures we are seeing just grows and grows. The guides here are exceptional and the service they provide is almost beyond belief. I actually told my group yesterday that the experience we had diving three tanks at the Caban Islands was the best day of diving I have ever had. An added bonus, in addition to the amazing three dives, was a great surface interval on the beach, and then an amazing picnic on the beach between the second and third dives. The weather turned on us in the afternoon so the dive manager called Jon, who happened to be diving with us, and Jon organized our being picked up at Secret Bay and taking a jeepnee back to the resort. For us first timers here in the Philippines, the jeepnee ride just added to the overall pleasure of this visit. As all posts about Anilao mention the insane variety of life, I doubt you need me listing a bunch of weird creatures here but needless to say we saw a huge number of phenomenal creatures on those three dives. As stated earlier. The guide's here have an amazing eye. Actually, I should capitalize the word amazing!

The way we are being treated at the resort is beyond compare. they want everyone to be happy and they are going to go out of the way to make sure you are happy. On a side note, one of our group mentioned he was sad they did not sell coconuts. Yesterday, when we returned from our dives, there was a stack of coconuts behind the bar. My wife and another diver mentioned that they wish there was more fish on the menu. Yesterday, fresh fish arrived! All of the staff here are going to make you feel at home and this resort is small enough that you literally feel you are at home and with your family. On a side note, my wife and I are avid hikers and after the dives we have gone up to the road and walked up and down in both directions checking out the area. There are plenty of resorts to choose from and by visiting a few of them we are very happy with the choice we made. (Of course, what you may be interested in maybe different than us.) Another advantage of the walk is that we got to talk to plenty of the locals and they are super nice.

Off to breakfast. (Always good here.) Then on to another great day of diving.
Thanks for the update and glowing report!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom