Seven Mile Beach - 1st Week Oct!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rain should not be as big an issue as wind and thunder/lightening. We dive in the rain all the time. There would have to be very heavy rain squalls severely limiting vis to cancel a boat dive.

Yes, I don't fear rain on a diving trip as much as my wife, the non-diver, does. She'll get by. :wink:

I don't pay much heed to advanced forecasts, especially for rain. Rain forecast in GC can mean rain somewhere on the island - many times it's very localized and beautiful everywhere else!

That's what I'm telling my wife, hoping they are mostly just pop up showers.

Watching this thread now....I'll be there Oct 7 through 11th. My gal isn't a diver either. Really similar situation !

So, back home. Dove the USS Kittiwake, Lemon Reef, Hep's Pipeline, Ghost Mountain, 13 Trees & Sentinel Rock. Weather was hit or miss for the beach and a few days they didn't dive due to weather. Nate was coming in just as we left so I hope the folks this week make out OK.

All in all, I'd say Ambassador Divers was a good group to dive with, good gear, nice boat, friendly staff and easy to work with. $115 for a single 2-tank, discount for diving more. $35 if you need all the gear. Jason is a super nice and knowledgeable guy. His photos are allover the halls of the Comfort Suites.

We did drive all the way to Hell and back, saw the turtle farm, blow holes, Rum Point was gorgeous. I have no trouble driving on the left. The gave me a left hand drive car so I felt like a postman!

We had dinner at The Brooklyn, Cimboco, Chicken-chicken, Stingers a few times and at lunch mostly out of the room except for when we were out on the road.

Very nice island. A bit expensive, as I was warned going in.

I didn't do any shore dives and it was no huge loss.

On to Belize for next spring! New thread there when I get a chance.

Last edited:
I have dove with Jason many times he runs a very good operation ,Brooklyn is a favorite of mine also the Urban diner up in Camana Bay I'm surprised you didn't try EATS on 7 Mile Beach

I have dove with Jason many times he runs a very good operation ,Brooklyn is a favorite of mine also the Urban diner up in Camana Bay I'm surprised you didn't try EATS on 7 Mile Beach
EATS has a great menu with something that will appeal to most everyone - we hit it a few times every trip, both eat-in and take-out.

EATS has a great menu with something that will appeal to most everyone - we hit it a few times every trip, both eat-in and take-out.
We started going there in 1996, on our 1st visit to Grand Cayman. It was particularly good when our kids were young

Called Indigo Divers- they answered the phone long enough to say they are all taking a holiday - and to call Deep Blue, which I then did. Nick at Deep Blue sent out a van to pick me up Wednesday AM- and our group of divers all headed out to North Wall. The waves were so amazingly big, though that after one dive- we all agreed to just head back in. Trying to climb up a dive ladder with that swell was...not so swell. What was odd was the wave forecast wasn't supposed to be heavy wave activity - but nature will do whatever she wants.

Dinner at Macabuca was pretty amazing.

Lunch at Heritage Kitchen was meh. I'd skip it next time.

Driving on the wrong side of the road? Took me about 60 seconds of holy terror before it clicked. Then I was fine.

Not sure how familiar you are with Cayman but try "Eats" and "Sunshine Grill" for reasonable decent meals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom