Shadow Divers – Exposed U 869

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its funny how this debate keeps going and how people who have no clue bash gary. Also how John & Richie are the butt of a lot of the jokes with people who dive in the NE and not jumped on their nuts after they got a tv show. It is my understanding and I have not talked to gary about it, but he wasn't going to write the book but people who were mentioned or left out off the Shadow Divers book to make those 2 sound better pushed him to doing so.

You can say sour grapes about it but he is still doing what he did before they got a show and were are they? Pretty much gone from anything going on in diving right now. Richie is especially after ripping off his friends when they took a dive trip together.

One last thing, he may or may not visit this site and I doubt he does but I know a few people who email him these awesome conversations people have about him and the book and have no ****ing clue.

Ok I was bored done now, have fun with it.

You can say sour grapes about it but he is still doing what he did before they got a show and were are they? Pretty much gone from anything going on in diving right now. .

don't know about Richie, but Chatterton's in a class this week on Kirby Morgan helments...

I'd say that qualifies as not being "pretty much gone from diving", right now...

I can post a pic taken this week if you want. :D (of him in class)

just FYI, since you posted....
atedeschi:
people who have no clue

thought I point that out to you... so you could look in the mirror, since you claim they have nothing to do with diving, when you don't even know what they are doing....

And Richie was down diving with Capt. Gary at Conch Republic last weekend. Flew in with his brother to complete his advanced class. I think he has 4 trips this year, including one with me. He'll be teaching something at Conch Republic next weekend, likely a rebreather class or a trimix class.

Should have been more clear, finding and diving new wrecks and or exploring. I dnt plan on winning this argument but i find these threads humorous.

I thought you were pretty clear...

you said :
Pretty much gone from anything going on in diving right now​

Not sure how you mean that as "finding and diving new wrecks and or exploring" :idk:

Why don't you just ask them what they are doing if you're clueless about it? I mean they will prob tell you.

Just because they don't have a TV crew following them around (for you to see0 doesn't mean the aren't diving, exploring, etc. :shakehead:

Should have been more clear, finding and diving new wrecks and or exploring. I dnt plan on winning this argument but i find these threads humorous.

I thought you were pretty clear...

you said :
Pretty much gone from anything going on in diving right now​

Not sure how you mean that as "finding and diving new wrecks and or exploring" :idk:

Why don't you just ask them what they are doing if you're clueless about it? I mean they will prob tell you.

Just because they don't have a TV crew following them around (for you to see0 doesn't mean the aren't diving, exploring, etc. :shakehead:

A few months back John was at 530 fsw with my regular dive buddy in a blue hole on Cay Sal Bank in the Bahamas. I consider anything below 475 fsw to be "exploring".

Its funny how this debate keeps going and how people who have no clue bash gary. Also how John & Richie are the butt of a lot of the jokes with people who dive in the NE and not jumped on their nuts after they got a tv show. It is my understanding and I have not talked to gary about it, but he wasn't going to write the book but people who were mentioned or left out off the Shadow Divers book to make those 2 sound better pushed him to doing so.

I have no stake in it, but I can understand how those who were slighted by SD might have an axe to grind. I remember reading something (somewhere) written by one of the guys who was on the Wahoo and who went to search for Feldman's body; SD portrayed them as claim jumpers, but it seems that they were just regular Joes who were asked by a family member (a sister?) to try and find the body, and they went on a deep and dangerous dive to help out. I could see why that would really irritate someone.

But ultimately, every successful book needs its heros, and every story which is based on factual events is inevitably going to pi ss some people off the way that the author chooses to portray those events (descendants of crew members on the Titanic still complain regularly about the way their ancestors are portrayed in the media for goodness sake). There is a limit to how much slack one gets to air grievances over the book before it just starts to look small minded.

If Gary Gentile (who I have a lot of respect for) makes himself the lightning rod for ill feeling towards Chatterton and Kohler, then that is his call. I suspect he has paid a steep price for doing so though.

It's hard to win an argument when you are simply wrong. I know for a fact that John is still "finding and diving new wrecks". Unlike many braggarts, John is pretty low key about his exploits. Others find them interesting and write about them, but John is pretty casual about them.

It's hard to win an argument when you are simply wrong. I know for a fact that John is still "finding and diving new wrecks". Unlike many braggarts, John is pretty low key about his exploits. Others find them interesting and write about them, but John is pretty casual about them.

Because the last time he did it was mostly lies, and then they got a show that most made fun of. Grant it that some of that was probably due to the editiors who do the final cuts.

I personaly have nothing against the two but know from first hand accounts about the stories written by them and gary. Just think it is BS to write **** and say its true when it is not.

Because the last time he did it was mostly lies, and then they got a show that most made fun of. Grant it that some of that was probably due to the editiors who do the final cuts.
I personaly have nothing against the two but know from first hand accounts about the stories written by them and gary. Just think it is BS to write **** and say its true when it is not.

Gee I guess we know which side of this story you fall on.
You are very quick to call people liars???

Back
Top Bottom