Shadow Divers: John Chatterton's Interview with ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richie and Ron Jeremy....

I just about spit out my beer:rofl3:

Richie and Ron Jeremy....

I just about spit out my beer:rofl3:

I'm wiping coffee of my monitor as we speak! :rofl3:

(just don't ask ron to show you his "long hose" :no:)

well also suggested in the past, by John and Richie themselves, was Danny Devito for Richie :rofl3:

richie_kohler_250329.jpg
Danny%20DeVito-1.JPG

And MeatLoaf for Chatterton

chatterton.jpg
meatloaf01.03.06.JPG

Last edited:
dam this post is funny! it just keeps gettin better and better! ron jeremy... dam that's funny...

A) Jenny, forget the jerk boyfriend and go diving. Scuababoard has a Buddy/boyfriend finder. Check it out.

2) I always thought Richie actually was Ron Jeremy? Are you now telling me he is not?

III) I can't hold back the truth any more. Shadow Divers was actually written by Neumann. He is very talented. Rob Kurson is a Neumann impersonator we hired.

&#1588:wink: I find the Mummy picture very disturbing, yet somehow very accurate. You are scaring me.

Cheers

JC

I remember thinking the same thing. Did Feldman black out because of O2 toxicity? At 230 feet on air, you are WAY above 1.6 ATA.

I remember thinking the same thing. Did Feldman black out because of O2 toxicity? At 230 feet on air, you are WAY above 1.6 ATA.

More than likely it would have been cardbon dioxide retention. Air is fairly dense and makes breathing through regulators a little more work at those depths. Add in fighting with currents, narcosis, and focusing on looking for artifacts and it could easily happen.

Divers of the era had routinely exceeded the 1.6 ppo2 while diving on air. I don't remember the exact air depth record of the day, but I believe it was in the neighborhood of 430 feet on air. Many people would simply just pass out after around 300 feet. Most likely it's a combination of carbon dioxide and narcosis. The history of record setting dives is pretty interesting. If you're interested in it 'Caverns Measureless to Man' is a very interesting book detailing cave penetration/depth records as well as depth records on air and trimix.

What blew my mind is at frist they just dove air!!!

There aren't many people who would do those dives on air today, but at the time helium based mixes weren't widely adopted, so air dives to those depths were the norm.

Back
Top Bottom