Shadow Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Savant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone else read this book? I recommend it for divers of all levels, and almost require our newest interns to read it.

Yes, I have an autographed copy of Shadow Divers. Don't forget to read, Shadow Divers Exposed by Gary Gentile.

The Last Dive (Bernie Chowdhury) was an excellent read about a watershed time in diving. I also read Setting the Hook (Pete Hunt) about his early days diving the Andrea Doria and his training for his return dives. And, of course, Shadow Divers (Robert Kurson) about the discovery and identification of the U-who and the tragedies that plagued her and the search.

These three books really make the trifecta of North East Wreck diving books,

I enjoyed Shadow Divers very much.

I also enjoyed Robert Kurson’s second book:

Pirate Hunters: Treasure, Obsession, and the Search for a Legendary Pirate Ship

Are these fiction or is does it contain some useful tips for scuba divers?

All the above and one more. SCUBA DIVING the wrecks and shores of long island, NY. Its by David Rosenthal.

I’ve read it on a couple of occasions, some of the accidents and events discussed are a good learning point for people interested in making the jump into tech diving. I have looked at some of them and thought what would I do in that situation, and with my knowledge, would I live or die. A good reminder for the fact that we are most dangerous when we don’t have a clue as to the lack of knowledge some of us have, due to lack of experience.

Are these fiction or is does it contain some useful tips for scuba divers?

Not fiction. True stories, true divers, true incidents. Lots to learn and quite an enjoyable read. Very popular on Amazon.

I read Shadow Divers and knocked that book out in a few days. I really enjoyed it.

Currently reading Diving Into Darkness (about David Shaw incident)

Deep Descent: Adventure and Death Diving the Andrea Doria is on deck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom