Shaky NEX5N video sample

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

supersand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Had the Nauticam NANEX5 housing converted over to use the NEX5N. Works well so far.

Short video from yesterday's dive in Monterey CA. Not the greatest day for shooting video (with the surge) but I really like the video this camera puts out compared to the NEX5.

16mm with the fisheye converter.

[vimeo]34371414[/vimeo]

Erik

Cool video Erik,

What about your others? Also done with the nex5n ? Including the one "backyard" which looked pretty good too.

How you like the focus speed of the sony when video-ing ?

thanks

Had the Nauticam NANEX5 housing converted over to use the NEX5N. Works well so far.

Short video from yesterday's dive in Monterey CA. Not the greatest day for shooting video (with the surge) but I really like the video this camera puts out compared to the NEX5.

16mm with the fisheye converter.

[vimeo]34371414[/vimeo]

Erik

nice video, what lights were you using?
and how much did it cost to convert the nex5 housing for the nex-5n ?

nice video, what lights were you using?
and how much did it cost to convert the nex5 housing for the nex-5n ?

Thanks Nitro91,
These are two of the Aditech Mangrove Videocompact VC-4L6 lights. The conversion kit was $280. I had the housing in for maintenance and had the housing converted at that point. I think it was total (conversion kit, housing rebuild, and labor) around $500.

Here are a couple more videos since then. Both with the 16mm, fisheye converter and the dome port.

[vimeo]35183016[/vimeo]

[vimeo]34508887[/vimeo]

Thanks Erik, great video. I'm watching your vimeo channel at the end of every week-end ;-)

Have you dove with another dome port (the 18-55 for example) yet and have you tried to get some close up video (like almost macro if you have a converter) ? Would be great to have Tom (or whatever you call the wolf eel..) from very close ...

Another couple of questions:
- do you fix the rig easily on your scooter? Using standard simple and cheap Xterra mount?
If you have the Sierra, how stable is this going to make it and is the drag you'll get acceptable ? If you have a cuda, ignore the question ;-)

- with your two (rather large) ligths, have you found a way to make the complete rig near neutral ?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom