Share your favorite Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2019 scuba toys!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterpurrs

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How's your scuba holiday shopping spree going so far? My back account is screaming in pain, but I'm far too excited about my new dive toys to hear.

I didn't think I'd end up buying anything, but the Apeman Trawo is available on Amazon for a bit over $60 (til Monday I think), so now I have something to help me better count fish during reef monitoring dives. I'll also be able to take all the nudes photos to look them up at home!

The main splurge, though, is the Suunto D4i Novo with transmitter, only £370 for both from Mike's Dive Store. I've been dying to swap to an AI computer and use my current Zoop Novo as backup, but could never afford both a decent AI computer and a transmitter. I know people have their issues with Suunto, but I've loved my Zoop Novo all this time, and it's hard to argue with that price.

If I did not find the D4i Novo, I would have bought Ratio sport easy from Divestock for about $400 ish. But both the ratio and its transmitter would cost me about $150 more than the Suunto combo. If you can afford it though, it looks like a features rich computer at a very good price!

What else have you found? Any screaming good deals elsewhere?

I took Paralenz up on their Black Friday deal for the Paralenz Camera+

Normally $699 but they are offering it for $549 right now and that includes a $50 donation to Green Fins.

Also pulled the trigger on a Henderson 3mm wetsuit for my son from LeisurePro.

D6 3mm backup wetsuit, D6 7mm wetsuit, and 3 of the scribble plus 2nd's setups. Im still looking for a smoking deal on a warm wetsuit for my 11yo daughter for Fl Springs. 3mm does not cut it for her at 68 degrees.

D6 boots (hoping I got my size in drysuit right), and still hoping for a deal on some good undergarments
Edit: found a deal, about to be $400 poorer. Good thing I'm picking up 3 jobs in a month!

Getting OMS iq lite (same harness I have) for my kiddo, 100 eur from Tec diving. Heh. Now if we can find a lightweight wing...

Just a post to say how great my wife is. Going on a Caribbean cruise in January, the plans are to try and dive at a couple stops. I am taking only my mask/snorkel and no other dive gear. I did start looking for a cheaper wrist computer (Suunto Zoop Air/Nitrox as the computer cable is the same as for my Cobra console) thinking maybe I would use that for trips when I don't take my gear or as a backup. Trips without my gear are few but as I talked with my wife, I started telling her about transmitters and the type of setup I currently have - which is limited as it is traveling gear. She asked if I needed new stuff and that she would get it for me for Christmas!!!! I told her I was using what I had until it wore out but that I also would like a new driver to add to my set of golf clubs. She said she'd get it for me - what a great wife!!

I honestly try to keep my wife out of the scuba gear world. If I asked her for something she would inevitably find out how much I've been spending on gear and then, frankly, my goose would be cooked. And then I would only be allowed to buy chicken.

I haven't found any black friday/cyborz munday deals on anything I want yet. Frustratingly, the sales all seem to be on stuff I already have or don't want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom