Shark and Fish Feeding Dives wiill they ban it in Florida ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divemstr13

Reaction score
PADI has been sending alert E - Mails for concerned divers who want to keep feeding dives. The state of Florida is currently trying to ban this activity. They are having a pre- rally Halloween bash on Oct. 31 st in Key Largo. Then on November 1 st there will be a rally to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission meeting. If you cannot attend either please support this effort via E - Mail to: www.info@welovesharks.com If you have a website and would like to link with them link to: http://www.welovesharks.com web site.

I thought they had already jumped to the conclusion that feeding the sharks is the exact cause of shark attacks in Florida waters and banned the feedings?

I would love to help protest this, but about all I could do is email my reps (which I did) telling them how ignorant the logic was that concluded this. I would doubt anyone at their offices even read the emails!

Hmm... :confused: I think that this forum is only for announcements concerning the Scuba Board ! Nothing else !!

Why this was posted here ??

generally speaking...I believe that posting by members should not be allowed in the announcements forums...just moderators, administrators and regulators....

thanks..

Manogr

Feeding sharks thatt tend to stay in the area that they are feed in cause's an increase of shark attacks ? I don't think so. It's proably more likley that the increase of sharks is due the ban of long line fishing which was responsible for the deaths of thousands of sharks. Also there are bans in effect on taking certain sharks for fishermen in Florida already.

The Florida Game and Fish Commission banned the commercial netting of mullet two, maybe three years ago. This has caused a explosive growth in the mullet population and many here in Florida think this is what continues to draw the sharks so close to shore.:tree:Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom