Shark attack video *Warning, not for faint hearted!*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zenshift:
Shark Logic:

Snorklers/surfers = seals = food
Divers = Large animals/possible predators = avoid

What is hard to understand? Divers look like large animals (which we are) and as I realized after my divorce: there are always easier targets in the sea.

I kinda agree, but the problem is - we don't look very large to a 20'+ GW, do we? When your an eating machine that big, you can just bite anything you want just to see what it tastes like.

Lamnid:
And of course, sometimes divers are surfers are taken by large marine life for no apparent reason apart from the fact that they happen to just be in the same place, same time, but it doesn't make these creatures terrifying monsters of the deep.

Ummm....yeah it does. :)

why was the link removed?

What I worry about more than the sharks is if one day I turn around in the water, see a shark and do something foolish (ie, screaming like a girl or doing a rapid ascent) even though I know the best thing to do is hang out at depth until the rather large fish has left the area.

Don't sharks end up spitting out humans something like 90% of the time? Apparently we don't taste that good OR seals are fantastically delicious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom