Shark Diving Options - shore based.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

String

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ive got 7 days leave to take later this year and decided i want to somewhere with sharks with my primary interest photography (meaning i need to get close to them, a few feet at most).

Looking around Tiger Beach would be ideal for me but im having issues finding people that go out there on a day trip basis. I have fixed dates and obviously dont want a liveaboard or similar. Im after day trips from shore in the Bahamas.
Can anyone recommend any operators that do Tiger Beach as a day trip option?

Failing that, if Tiger Beach isn't an option can someone recommend anywhere else in the Bahamas for good shark encounters on a day trip basis ? Stuarts Cove comes to mind but are there alternatives?

The internet seems generally full of safari boats or US based full travel trips which arent really applicable to me.

At one time Cove's did from Old Bahama Bay on Freeport. But they no longer list it on their website. I did see a link to another shop working out of there - one assumes they took over the Cove's operation but IDK. Unfortunately I don't remember the name. Maybe contact the resort?

That's really the only area I can think of that's close enough for a day trip. You'd think UNEXSO would but it's possibly just too far given the extra hour of drive time out to that end of Freeport. They do however do reef shark feeds there as well. Cristina works there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WK2LpUoqX6A (you probably don't get as close as Joe...lol)

Depending on time of year there's Lemon shark aggregations off Bimini. IDK when. Hammerheads in late winter. Bimini Bahamas Hammerhead Shark Diving Encounters & Dive Rates

Not too far away - the longer day boat trips out of Turks/Caicos (Providenciales) to French Cay are pretty much a given for reef sharks. We saw a few every dive - one afternoon close to a dozen - plus cuda, rays, etc. All day trips, 2 tanks plus lunch/hotel pickup and you're back at the resort around 3PM. Check Caicos Adventures or Dive Provo.

Im after more than simply "seeing" sharks. For photography anything over 3-4ft away is a total waste of time hence thinking more of a Stuarts Cove thing.

Hello,

Tiger Beach day trips are arranged by Reef Oasis Viva Bahamas on Wed and Sat basis. Riccardo is a shark expert, so I guess you will find what you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom