Shark encounter "dive" in Auckland.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frosty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey folks If you are heading to Auckland on a Vacation theres plenty of dives to be had a little ways away from Auckland. But One dive noone talks about is the Shark encounter dive. So I thought I'd give you a bit of a heads up.
The dive is in an aquarium in central Auckland. Its Called Kelly Tarltons. You are only in 12 feet of water making it a pretty easy dive.
The dive is 30 minutes long and you get to be up close and personal with 3 shark species. Up close being well and truely touching distance.
You don't need any dive gear -actually you aren't allowed any of your own gear for quarantine reasons.
So if you have a hankering to see sharks close up in a safe enviroment hey its a buzz.
Ohh and um please forgive the bad trim and kneeling on the bottom-Thats how they do things -You kneel down on the bottom so you dont threaten tyhe sharks and they handg a LOT of weight on you.
KT 092.jpgKT 072.jpgKT 073.jpgKT 081.jpgKT 086.jpgKT 087.jpg

Attachments

• KT 068.jpg
    KT 068.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 111
  • KT 069.jpg
    KT 069.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 118
30 Mins? I did that dive and was in the water for exactly 12 minutes, was nice but felt a little short changed it was around $150 from memory, about 3 years ago. With the price unless they gave an assurance that it would be for 30mins I wouldn't do again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom