Shark feeding

Do you agree with shark feeding

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no.

two basic reasons:

1. it's not part of their natural routine to be fed by humans; and

2.is it a good idea to get them to associate humans and food?

having the campers kneel down in a circle and then having a ranger feed pork chops to the bears so you can see them up close.

A sad substitute for a 'wilderness' experience...

cyklon_300:
having the campers kneel down in a circle and then having a ranger feed pork chops to the bears so you can see them up close.

A sad substitute for a 'wilderness' experience...
I could not have said it better just love it.

Just a matter of time before someone gets nipped in a bad spot and bleeds out.

Personally, I loved the experience when I participated in a shark feed on the GBR. I can see though that there is an inherant risk involved with encouraging sharks to associate divers with food.

i notice that the people who are voting "yes" are not putting their reasons forth.

i was actually kind of hoping to hear the other side of the argument. ah well...

H2Andy:
i notice that the people who are voting "yes" are not putting their reasons forth.

i was actually kind of hoping to hear the other side of the argument. ah well...

Personally, I can see the risks as I've mentioned already, however I can also see the educational benefits that a shark feed... if properly conducted... can bring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom