Shark Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

islandr

Reaction score
I just watched Shark Island by Howard and Michele Hall, was anyone else as appalled as I was watching Howard continually grab the turtle and harrass it at the end of the video? I don't think that Howard promotes the proper etiquette that all divers should follow. Look but don't touch. I think that Howard can get some beautiful shots but sometimes I wonder at what expense do those shots come?

I havent seen this, but if what you said is true, I agree with you.

islandr:
I just watched Shark Island by Howard and Michele Hall, was anyone else as appalled as I was watching Howard continually grab the turtle and harrass it at the end of the video? I don't think that Howard promotes the proper etiquette that all divers should follow. Look but don't touch. I think that Howard can get some beautiful shots but sometimes I wonder at what expense do those shots come?

Have you seen Coral Reef? I agree too that the footage is great, but I think the example being set will ensure the reefs we enjoy today will not be around for our children and grandchildren to enjoy.

ScubaBob92651:
Have you seen Coral Reef? I agree too that the footage is great, but I think the example being set will ensure the reefs we enjoy today will not be around for our children and grandchildren to enjoy.

That's my point as well, when you dive with video or photo equipment you have to be more cognizant of your surroundings. In watching Shark Island and some of Coral Reef as well, I think that HH has forgotten some of that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom