shark liveaboard Dream Team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Kay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking for a review of the liveaboard diving with the Dream Team in the Bahamas. The shark trip goes a week and I'm wondering if I'd get bored looking at sharks after a few days. I've seen plenty of sharks but not Tigers, Bulls and not so concentrated. Do they also dive reefs and does one see decent coral and fish life? Thanks.

There are a few patchy reefs nearby to tiger beach that you can ask to be dropped on. but it definitely is mostly sand and sea grass beds. the coral and fish life are ok for caribbean standards. it isn't komodo though.

I am looking for a review of the liveaboard diving with the Dream Team in the Bahamas. The shark trip goes a week and I'm wondering if I'd get bored looking at sharks after a few days. I've seen plenty of sharks but not Tigers, Bulls and not so concentrated. Do they also dive reefs and does one see decent coral and fish life? Thanks.

Jonathan Bird of Blue World gave really good review. The video, below, show the diving plan a bit.

My buddy who has been with Dolphin Dream speaks highly about the Dream Team and wants to repeat it. So we talk to captain Scott about chartering the boat, as shown here: Tiger Shark Expedition 31 Oct - 6 Nov, 2020

Here is a proposed itinerary:

Day 1 - Arrival day to the M/V Dolphin Dream located at the Riviera City Marina. Boarding starts at 2PM and you must be on board before 6PM. Dinner is provided and we will depart for the Bahamas after 10PM.

Day 2 - After clearing customs sometime after 7AM we will travel to Tiger Beach normally arriving at 1PM for a two tank dive. This is usually at the site Tiger Chain which is 20 feet deep. Our first dive will be a check out dive. The diving at Tiger Chain is primarily with lemon sharks but the possibility of encountering our first tiger sharks is always present!

Days 3 - 5 - We will move locations to dive each day at Fish Tales which is 40 feet deep and a sandy bottom. Upon arrival we will begin chumming for tigers. Each day 4 dives are planned and every dive at Fish Tales is a shark feed.

Day 6 - Our final day of diving at Fish Tales. A maximum of 3 dives with 2 morning dives and 1 after lunch. We normally depart back to the Riviera City Beach Marina around 6PM.

Day 7 - (Departure Day) - We arrive back in Florida waters usually around 6AM. After we clear customs following our 9AM appointment, the Dolphin Dream will return to the marina at 9:30AM.

While on location at any of the dive sites “the pool” is usually open! In addition to tigers there are also some resident nurse sharks, large aggregations of lemon sharks, Caribbean reef sharks and occasionally bull sharks visit. We may even have great hammerheads stop by. There is also a nice reef adjacent to Fish Tales.

So, come & join us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom