Shark tooth diving in Potomac river?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man,
I lived on other side of Solomons island bridge for 4 months and never even thought about going hunting for teeth there . I missed out sounds like, my wife told me there were teeth over there but I figured she was trying to humor me for bringing us to Maryland. If you find them please share pics sounds cool.

Click on my photos and you will find a green cooler with teeth on them that we found in the Chesapeake a few months back. Not the size we find in Venice but still teeth. One I found was about 2.5 inches. Come up this way and do some charters.

I don't know about diving in the Potom-ick! Vis is like -2 ft. And the bottom is quite silty. However, I have found teeth on the shore where the water breaks. Nothing huge, all under an inch.

We took a boat over and anchored off of Calvert Cliffs. Current wasnt bad. This was a month or 2 ago. Not sure exact date but I can check my log book if you want. Depth was 8 ft . Did not strain the bottom. It was a sandy bottom no mud. I just swam along and looked for triangle shapes. That doesnt always work for the teeth may be partially burried or covered. You may only see a small portion of the tooth so you have to use your imagination as to what you are looking at. I have only dove the Cheasapeake once looking for sharks teeth. I plan to return to Calvert Cliffs and with the info on other locations I would like to dive them also.
Maybe we should get a small group meet up and go. Any takers?
ill totally be up for a trip! im a member and officer of the Underwater Terps Scuba Diving Club, and i know that i could scare up at least 3 other people for a dive! let me know! sundays work for pretty much everyone in my group :)

Don't know much about just diving for teeth...but I've been diving this summer on the North end of Key Bridge and have brought home about a dozen large boat anchors and some strange older Coke bottles...if anyone ever wants to join me my favorite spot is on the three-sisters islands. vis is about 3-5 feet but lots of fish and it's relatively clean.

Im interested. I wont have much free time until mid September. If you want to set something up PM me.

All,

I have recently moved to the Northern VA/DC area from Boston and am trying to reconcile my diving blues. In Boston, diving was plentiful and am trying to get some info on what is available in the Northern VA/DC area without having to drive 2+ hours. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

hey, i'm actually living in Boston now for college... can you give me any tips on places to dive up here?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom