Shark tooth photos for fossil divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW that is one KILLER LOST LAKE! Holy Smokes!

Oh yeah some sweet teef too!! LOL Thats a beautiful Angi! Freakmode pristine!

Thanks for posting, gets me fired up and ready to get wet!

point2.jpgI wonder if thats what this point would have looked like had it been complete? Found it in the Cooper a couple years ago.

We are in Beaufort NC for three days of wreck diving then driving to Charleston on Monday for two days of diving on the Cooper River. Hope we find something worth keeping. Should be fun.

Nice point Meghunter. I like the serrations.

Herb. I enjoyed your herbuwshots. Given two days of diving the Cooper, you will definitely come away with something. I will be fossiling the Cooper on Saturday the 9th. I have been fossiling twice this season. The first trip (to Venice FL) produced nothing. The second trip (to the Edisto river) I scored a large near perfect Mastodon tooth, a 4" quality Megalodon tooth, and a couple of perfect Angustiden teeth.

The first trip (offshore Venice) we had a dozen divers spend probably 36hrs searching the bottom finding nothing that amounted to jack squat. The only exception was one small Meg. My perception of fossiling Venice changed significantly this year. Unfortunately the weekend I went to Venice I fell into a motley crew being taken to the same old worn out spots. The "pretend" fossiling and a dive store owner too busy with other things to recognize me as potentially his largest sale in weeks, opened my mind to "whats goin on in Venice".

I did try a new boat while there and would use him again. His boat is called the Big Flat Top. Not only is it literally a good dive platform, the man is actively looking for virgin sites. He has not fallen into the classic "can't afford the fuel to do anything differently" train of thought yet. The "I need to run to the closest site and get back quickly" mentality. Until he does, I think he will venture off the well beaten path even if he has a fuel surcharge for those hunting virgin territory.

When I dive virgin sites I make good finds. Other than that it is a waste of time and money for me personally. The argument I get on this is that "there are no more virgin sites". I don't know if the people saying this realize how ludicrous they sound.

Last edited:
I would say the snapped base is a Lost Lake! Very nice piece no matter the damage, Lost Lakes are old points, nice rescue!

Thanks for the photo Bill. I am hoping to do some fossiling in the Edisto this month. Any time you want to drive up for a day of fossiling for fun, let me know and I will help with the boat arrangement.

That is a good looking bag of Megs you have.

I like estimating the value of items I find. Your website Megateeth one of the sites I use for this purpose. I am going to guess at the value of some of the items in the photo. Please tell me your estimate for comparison purposes. I would like to know whether I am too high or too low.

Megs left to right:

Item 4: $55

Item 7: $75

Item 11: $85

Item 22: $275

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom