Shark tooth photos for fossil divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay.... Al and Brian should be finished with their Venice Florida fossiling trip by Monday and we should see some photos next week.

In the meantime, here is a video posted by the Ditch Weasel. Along with his son, he is working the Edisto river hard this season.

rofl3.gif
... At the very end of the video I noticed one of Al's rulers on the left hand side of the screen... small world after all

Hey Sharky, you find any decent Mako teeth? I see the one upper in the right upper corner but I want to get a decent lower for a necklace. One that is at least 2.5".

Nice finds as usual~!

Hey Lee, I went out to visit with Phill over the weekend, he is doing really good and can not wait to get back into the water but may have to pull out his old wet suits that are smaller, lol

Mike, yes I find some decent mako and have some nice lowers, some 3+ inches. Here are a few more teeth from another dive day.

DSC08777 [Desktop Resolution].jpgDSC08778 [Desktop Resolution].jpgDSC08779 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the update on our dive pal Phill. I am very happy that he survived the surgeries. I know he is anxious, but the fossiling will just have to wait until he recovers. The fossils will be there long after we are all dead and gone. Within five thousand years, the earth will take back the fossils in our collections that we so cherish. I was looking at some of my sharks teeth and wondering about their travels over the next 1 million years.

Sharky,

My personal choice would be the teeth at 10, 11, and 1 o'clock. Don't get me wrong. They are all excellent specimens in their own right. Those are just the ones that draw my attention

I will post some tommorow, I have some pics at my office. Sweet dreams!!!!!

I signed on with Fred Mazza for my first Peace river (south central Florida) fossil hunt. His website is called Paleo Discoveries. Just about finished building my first floating basket screen for sifting shovels full of gravel and bones.

On the other hand, I am hearing that the Suwanee and the Sante Fe are both good rivers to fossil hunt.

Will be visiting the Mulberry Phosphate Museum during my trip to the Peace river. Hoping to learn some things about Bone Valley Florida. Seen some photos of Megs rivaling Aurora Megs come out of that area.

Ran across this photo of some beautiful Dorchester county SC teeth (Hey Mike, isn't that where we live?)

Attachments

• 25211.jpg
    25211.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,291
Ran across this photo of some beautiful Dorchester county SC teeth (Hey Mike, isn't that where we live?)

Why yes we do~! lol I have two teeth that look just like those in the pic, except both mine have feeding damage. I see I will need to start posting pics too but don't laugh, I only have a few good ones and a lot of shamers.

I need to find someone that can do enamel restore on a tooth . I have a killer 5.5" meg with sharp serrations with some enamel peel. What do they call those guys that restore fossil teeth? Paleodontists? lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom