Sharks cove again, Saturday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We will be there if anyone else is around. Id love to meet ya and hear what you have to say about the place. One dive there and the vis was 10 or less. We are in an all black Jeep wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Stop by and say Aloha!

There's gonna be a few of us heading up there manana as well... We'll be in various sketchy looking vehicles. Either and old nissan minivan or a blue corolla. But we'll keep an eye out for your jeep.

Matt

I and a friend will be up there too, tomorrow. I'm in a white American POS economy car. Say Hi if you see us. We need a secret hand shake or something.

Oahu guy

Hey, what time will you be out there? I am at work but we might go for a ride around the Island tomorrow.

We're planning on leaving Kaimuki around 7:30 or so. Gotta get two dives in before 1:30...

Matt

The rain scared us off, we went to the wallace instead and saw a movie. Maybe next time :wink:

The rain scared off most of the beach goers and letf it for the divers. It was great! Going again today.....Rather that a secret handshake, how about SB deacls or a small dive flag with Scuba Board on it we could hang in a window or off an antenna?????
Diving solo today (sunday) and should be there by 1pm. Again Black jeep with dealer tags on it.

Wildcard:
The rain scared off most of the beach goers and letf it for the divers. It was great! Going again today.....Rather that a secret handshake, how about SB deacls or a small dive flag with Scuba Board on it we could hang in a window or off an antenna?????
Diving solo today (sunday) and should be there by 1pm. Again Black jeep with dealer tags on it.

I'm workin' OT, haven't shaken my annual bout of bronchitis, and you're divin'... you make me sick :confined: Well, have fun for the both of us. Hey, see if you can find the outboard motor; been looking for it for years. It was in the boulder field close-in to the right-side shelf for many years, from the late-70's until the 90's. Then I think in '98 or so, a monster swell hit and cleaned out the North Shore; haven't seen it since. Might've been stuffed into a hole. Or maybe somebody just policed it up.

Funny thing, rain. I once was splashing around in packed-to-da-max Haunauma Bay keyhole when it started raining. It's no lie that it was like somebody had yelled "Shark!". In a few minutes, myself and a handful of others are the only ones left in the water; beach is cleaned out; everybody's huddling near the cliffs. Just totally blew me away; was laughing for hours.

I saw the motor yestrday!..Im fighting a head cold for a few days now. Lots of sudifed keept me going yesterday (shhh, don't tell PADI). Now my frikking camera is acting up. Still may go anyway.

Wildcard:
I saw the motor yestrday!..Im fighting a head cold for a few days now. Lots of sudifed keept me going yesterday (shhh, don't tell PADI). Now my frikking camera is acting up. Still may go anyway.

No kidding!!? I've been looking for that rascal for years; wasn't there (or at least where I was lookin') last Sept. It moves a lot, depending on that winter's surf. Just taking a swag, but it looks like maybe it used to be a 20-30hp Evinrude. Man, that thing's been there forever; brings back a lot of memories of the place -- kind of a strange thing to get sentimentally attached to huh?

I used to dive sick but wised up after heaving into the reg... but it was cool to watch the nearby mamo's (sergeant majors) and hinalea's (rainbow wrasse) swarm the chum...

Back
Top Bottom