Sharm El-Sheikh F.A.Q.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm thinking of spending one month here to do my DM, aside from the program costs, what can I expect to pay, like for basic accommodation, basic food, moderate drinking...?

Which hotel for best house reef? We went to sharm in Sept in nabq bay at magic life and had a great time but the house reef ras murat was not as good as most of the local dive sites. We then returned in March and stopped at the barons which had a lovely house reef ras gamila which we dived with Penny from Sinai divers 3 times (we also did 8 boat dives with Sinai divers). It is my favourite reef as its gently sloping nice and easy plenty to see and very pretty.
We are going back to Sharm at end of September but want to try another hotel (nothing wrong with barons its excellent but want a change).
Which hotels are on which house reefs and which would you recommend. We want a good standard of accommodation and food and although we love the boat diving don't want to spend so much time hanging around for transfers this time so really important is to have a nice house reef and dive centre on site.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey Guys

I am looking to back out to Sharm in Feb 2015. I want to ask about the diving and what too see at that time of the year. I know its the coldest month, I have done most of my dive courses in Sharm so I have been up to Tiran Is Ras Mohamed thistle gorm etc but I have been in August and December but never in Feb.

So in terms of wetsuits what you be recommended would there be different marine life to see etc.

Any thoughts would be great I always stay around Nama Bay area.

Cheers

Captainc

Hey Guys

I am looking to back out to Sharm in Feb 2015. I want to ask about the diving and what too see at that time of the year. I know its the coldest month, I have done most of my dive courses in Sharm so I have been up to Tiran Is Ras Mohamed thistle gorm etc but I have been in August and December but never in Feb.

So in terms of wetsuits what you be recommended would there be different marine life to see etc.

Any thoughts would be great I always stay around Nama Bay area.

Cheers

Captainc

I'm heading back there in early Feb myself. While I'll happily dive in a shorty in November or April, I wouldn't risk a week of 3-dive days in February. Full 5mm I reckon.

Which hotel for best house reef? We went to sharm in Sept in nabq bay at magic life and had a great time but the house reef ras murat was not as good as most of the local dive sites. We then returned in March and stopped at the barons which had a lovely house reef ras gamila which we dived with Penny from Sinai divers 3 times (we also did 8 boat dives with Sinai divers). It is my favourite reef as its gently sloping nice and easy plenty to see and very pretty.
We are going back to Sharm at end of September but want to try another hotel (nothing wrong with barons its excellent but want a change).
Which hotels are on which house reefs and which would you recommend. We want a good standard of accommodation and food and although we love the boat diving don't want to spend so much time hanging around for transfers this time so really important is to have a nice house reef and dive centre on site.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Concord El Salam and the hotels near it in White Knights bay have an excellent house reef. There are also decent dive centers there.

Planning to go in October this year for a 7 day liveaboard (wrecks and reefs) and I am looking ahead at what I will need.

Use a 7mm Scubapro Definition IR semi dry here with a steel BP&W (as yet undived as it has just been bought so not sure of weighting yet).

What would the recommendations be for wetsuit thickness and wing (do I need to think about an Alu backplate?)

Back
Top Bottom