Sharm El-Sheikh F.A.Q.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The sea temperature in October averages 27c. I've always found a 5mm shorty more than sufficient for a week of 3-dive days. If you prefer a full suit, a 3mm should be plenty at that time of year.

In October, water temp should be in the 26-29° range. For me, my 2.5 mm worn out wetsuit is enough, but YMMV.

And what about late November water temps? Does anyone know the water temp today at Brothers?

We are booked on King Snefro (4 days, 3 nights) and the flights from Cairo-Sharm-Cairo are only scheduled now 1-2 times per day in Nov/Dec/Jan. In October, they are 7-10 times per day. I am guessing that they have yet to "load" the November flights in the schedule, can anyone confirm that I will have a lot of choices for these flights?

Not really, these days it's pretty much only Egypt air that flies to sharm from cairo and even then they have cut down the flights a lot. If you fly via Istanbul or jeddha you have more choices. But from when I checked last november it was the same..

I'm fairly certain EgyptAir (including EgyptAir Express) alone would have at least 3-4 flights to Sharm on any given day, especially in the winter peak season.

When we were there in November - December, Aggressor told us not to book flight to Sharm because flights get canceled too often.

When we were there in November - December, Aggressor told us not to book flight to Sharm because flights get canceled too often.
If they say not to fly to Sharm, how do they recommend to get there?

Just yesterday, Egypt Air added 4 flights for the days we are traveling so they must publish their schedule about 6-7 months out.

I'm newly certified. I haven't had time to search on here and leave soon for Egypt and Jordan. Sorry to ask! But can dolphins be seen in the wild off Sharm or Dahab? Or is Hurghada or Gouna the only place to pretty much guarantee it? I will be diving off the shores of Dahab for sure but I want my traveling friend to get a good experience snorkeling for the first time and I thought seeing dolphins in the wild would be the best! But im planning the logistics of getting from luxor to some dive site to then get back to Cairo. Since I know we will do the sinai, I was hoping we could see dolphins there and save time by not going to Hurghada this trip. But I feel Hurghada is a certain place to see them and Dahab is just a maybe.Oh and/or sharks would be bad ass too! sorry to be an ignorant newb. I planned the trip then decided to get certified and add scuba.

Thank you for any advice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom