Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Topper1972. Your pictures look great! I am considering going to dive in Sharm end of May. More or less similar period to you and I was debating whether I should do a land base diving or a mini safari. I know there are many dive sites in Sharm but really I am only interested in Ras and Tiran. From your post, I google Ocean College and unsure if they are still in business. Reading your post gave me confidence that the diving in the North can be good as I was thinking if I should head South instead. When you stay with Camel, do they have access to the beach? What else to do after you finish your dives for the day in the area? I know Camel and Elite diving are well regarded in Sharm and definitely still in operation but sitting by the pool is not my thing!
Exactly the questions I have; @Topper1972 , I would love to know how safe you felt in the area. I'm not thrilled to be trapped in a hotel with their food, but I want to be safe, too. Would love your perspective.

All these pictures of fish schools are really awesome @Topper1972!

I am going to Egypt for the first time beginning of July, for work, but I will stay 6 more days to dive around Port Safaga.
Watching your pictures makes me wonder if I chose the right destination for a first land based dive in the Red Sea...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom