Sharm Visa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mooseman1007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys,
going back to sharm in a couple of days and am planning to go down to Ras Mohammed/Tiran for some diving. Was going to get a Visa, but then realised something from last visit. Seems like my sticker in the passport didnt get stamped last time (the Entrance card fell out of the correct page and I handed the passport and card over separately, so the entrance stamp is on a different page to the sticker) so is it possible to use the visa sticker this time, or has the sticker changed in a year?
Moose

You might get lucky but would advise you to get a new visa.

Cheers

C.

Consider the possibility that they DO stamp your old visa sticker but one day, over at Travco or Sharks Bay, the harbour police take exception to your not neccesarily having the correct sticker (albeit stamped correctly) and refuse you into the jetty. Suddenly you're watching your dive boat disapear over the horizon with only a duff visa and a taxi ride back to your hotel for company!

For the sake of 15EU (or whatever it is now) I personally woudn't risk ruining a good day's diving.

Too true ! just thought it funny that i bought the visa last time (rather than chancing the dive boat wouldnt get checked as I know a lot dont) and they didnt validate it cos the card was in the wrong page. Besides if the missus thought I was chancing anything, the customs officers would be the least of my worried :)
Moose

Nobody's checked anything at Travco for a while - a few weeks ago they were checking all passports at Na'ama Bay, and since then nothing.

As per the previous post - for the sake of 15 whatevers - get a visa. You will probably never get checked, but you can also pretty much guarantee that if you don't have one, you will be!

Cheers

C.

Back
Top Bottom