She Dives Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Zak,

Thanks for that info, I was just wanting to make sure it could be used for ice diving as we are planning a trip to Greenland/Iceland and the ice bergs, and was thinking maybe this reg would be better as it is lighter/smaller.

So in reality either reg will be a great reg for either cold water diving off Greenland or the west coast of USA, so no matter the water temp or type of diving both these regs will do what you want safely without worry or hassles.
As I can tell the only main difference is the coating on the Extreme as both have cw kits attached.
I also have no doubt many divers have used the Proton 42 for ice diving and have not had any problems at all, *** well as liked the reg.
Maybe that is something I should ask in the reg threads as well.

I must admit I am warming to the she dives range of gear. At first I wasnt really into it I dont think im a "blue fog" type of gal but the reg and the new bcd's have impressed me.
I do not mind the Aliikai bcd at all.

Is the cold water kit something that needs to be bought seperately and installed, and if so is this hard for the average individual to do?

I still can't wait for this reg to come out- It matches my bcd afterall!:D

Yes, the cold water kit is an add on. I would reccomend you have your shop set it all up for you.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom