Shears & rusting pivot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rev. Blade:
Eventually I'll be replacing the shears I have now.... slowly rusting pivot. I'd been leaning toward the do-it-yourself solution to replace the rivet with a stainless bolt and nut....
I know I've read someone else has done this. eyebrow

NJ Wreckster:
The problem with the rusting pivot is that it may look and work ok on land and then break underwater. I drilled out the pivot and replaced it with a stainless steel bolt and nut.

I carry the knife in its sheath on my left shoulder strap, blades facing up with finger loops down. I carry a medium knife on my left wrist console (for my right hand) and a large knife on my outside left thigh (for my left hand). Both knives sharpened the night before.
I knew someone else had done this! :wink: I have my snips for fishing line etc., but figure I'd use my knife to cut a rope or bull kelp. (Normal kelp, I just snap off when it snags.)

Back
Top Bottom