Shearwater Cloud

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shearwater Cloud

Registered
Reaction score
Shearwater Cloud A new article has been posted

Shearwater Cloud

Shearwater-Cloud-Press-Release-Photo-1024x1018.png

Continue reading the Original Article.

Attachments

• Shearwater-Cloud-Press-Release-Photo-1024x1018.png
    Shearwater-Cloud-Press-Release-Photo-1024x1018.png
    266.6 KB · Views: 190
When choose Water Temp in Celsius, the values are in "-" values, tho I am pretty sure i was diving +20C or more. In the dive log it shows like "-4C" or something.

I used the Cloud today to update the firmware on my new Perdix and downloaded the test dive from the computer. Everything worked perfectly. App was downloaded from the Apple App store and I used my iPhone 7

Here we go; I am going to try it. But I still like my MacDive logbook too and will keep it.

Why does the app need access to my the phone part of my smart phone? I really don't like it having access to my contacts, either.

Here we go; I am going to try it. But I still like my MacDive logbook too and will keep it.
As a programmer myself, usually the app needs access to your phone so it can prevent your phone from ringing while you have the app open and in use. It sends your incoming calls to voicemail.
And the app needs access to your contacts list so if you would like to send a screenshot of your divelog to someone on your contacts list you don't have to type the number/email in manually. You select it from your contacts list.

Android is pretty lame on explaining what a lot of their permissions do and why they need that permission.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom