Shearwater Firmware v53 Now Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shearwater

Contributor
Reaction score
Shearwater Firmware v53 is now available. Update your Perdix, Petrel, and NERD 2 to ensure you have the latest features. You can read the release notes here: https://www.shearwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Release-Notes-Translations-V53.pdf

Release-Notes-Translations-V53.jpg

Includes a new “Stack Timer” feature (CO2 scrubber duration timer). The Stack Timer is only available in Closed Circuit (CC) modes. The Stack Timer counts down when diving. It is manually reset by the user when changing the scrubber stack. The total time can be changed by the user. The warning at 1hr00min and alert at 0hr30min are fixed.

Release-Notes-Translations-V53.jpg

Pleeeeeease tell me there’s enough room in the Predator to add this!!! I may still be the only man alive diving a Fischer Predator, but I would love this!

Thanks for the update. Can I use my Mac laptop for the firmware update installation, or should I take it to a LDS.

Thanks for the update. Can I use my Mac laptop for the firmware update installation, or should I take it to a LDS.

Why would you need to take it to your LDS? I'm going to update via my MacBook in a few minutes.

@charlier
it's a Shearwater not a S***** dive computer!

Nothing easier than installing a firmware update on a Shearwater: start Shearwater Desktop V 3.1.5 enable Bluetooth both on the Mac and on the Shearwater, choose 'Dive Computer' and 'Update Firmware' in the menu and follow the instructions - done!

Last edited:
@charlier
it's a Shearwater not a S***** dive computer!

Nothing easier than installing a firmware update on a Shearwater: start Shearwater Desktop V 3.1.5 enable Bluetooth both on the Mac and on the Shearwater, choose 'Dive Computer' and 'Update Firmware' in the menu and follow the instructions - done!

Thanks for the help. Best...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom