Shearwater Perdix AI Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm on day 5, awaiting an email reply from Liquivision, regarding my Xen. the screen display is becoming dimmer.
I'm giving some benefit of the doubt, considering its DEMA.
I am curious, and optimistic, about their reply.

Good luck! I have a Xen that has a dimming screen as well and I've all but given up on it. I'd much rather use my Shearwater Persuit than a liquivision computer at this point.

I've pretty much given up hope.......but 'slightly' hopeful.
Still no word from them.

I'll be purchasing another computer soon. I'll probably get another Perdix
I may sell my Predator and get a Perdix.

It's too bad about Liquivision, I used to have an X-1, but got rid of it after they abandoned their X-link. I liked the X-1.
I later bought the Xen because it was a cool bottom timer. Now the screen is an issue. my wife was wanting a computer, and the Kaon was interesting to her because of the small size.

She recently started using my Perdix, and really likes it. The Kaon is a little smaller, and was still on the short list for the next computer. Since the Xen screen is fading (and NO response from Liquivision after 3 emaiks), I'm not really feeling any good MOJO about spending money on a product that has the same screen.

It's not like I don't spend money on computers......I'll probably stick with all shearwater going forward. They appear to be more interested in my business.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with a XEN and a XEO. The screen is an issue and is excluded from warranty. Liquivision offered me a bad deal to replace the computers. I decided to go for a OSTC 4. The screen is brilliant and I am very happy with it.

Just got a confirmation from my LDS that Shearwater shipped my AI. will be in my hand within this week. Cant wait.
I'm in Melbourne by the way
That makes two of us, my online retailer just confirmed that my Perdix AI is on it's way to me so I guess I'll be diving this weekend.

So my post gets deleted, thankfully a few of y'all quoted my question. I think shearwater absolutely had plans in the making for an AI Perdix at the same time they told us they didn't. Then they let everyone buy the perdix, then release this 6-9 months later.

Maybe they did, but I don't see how that's relevant.
Companies develop products all the time without making any announcements about it until the actual release date.

They didn't "let" anyone buy anything. at the time you made your purchase, you were buying from their current lineup.

I don't see how you would expect Shearwater would advise you not to buy a Perdix, and tell you to wait instead for a product they may have been developing, but havent publicly announced.

Would you go to the dive shop you bought it from locally and tell them that they were wrong for "letting" you buy a Perdix from them and not advising you to wait?

There's a good chance that you got a good deal on Okinawa when you bought your Perdix, so listing it for sale won't result in too big of a loss for you. Assuming you purchased it from a shop in Oki.

I'll be in the market for another Perdix soon. :wink:

My point is that I don't think any business is going to turn away a customer and tell them not to buy something now in the interest of waiting for some eventual release.

Just look at the seabear threads to see how long people end up waiting for an eventual release.

Maybe they did, but I don't see how that's relevant.
Companies develop products all the time without making any announcements about it until the actual release date.

They didn't "let" anyone buy anything. at the time you made your purchase, you were buying from their current lineup.

I don't see how you would expect Shearwater would advise you not to buy a Perdix, and tell you to wait instead for a product they may have been developing, but havent publicly announced.

Would you go to the dive shop you bought it from locally and tell them that they were wrong for "letting" you buy a Perdix from them and not advising you to wait?

There's a good chance that you got a good deal on Okinawa when you bought your Perdix, so listing it for sale won't result in too big of a loss for you. Assuming you purchased it from a shop in Oki.

I'll be in the market for another Perdix soon. :wink:

My point is that I don't think any business is going to turn away a customer and tell them not to buy something now in the interest of waiting for some eventual release.

Just look at the seabear threads to see how long people end up waiting for an eventual release.
It's not anything they "let" me do. It's something they said they had no plans doing(which was a potential outright lie), so that customers buy the vanilla version only to reveal the lie months later so drive up sales - screwing over all the customers who bought the perdix. And the most pathetic thing about it are the legions of mindless fanboys that don't see a single problem with this.

It's not anything they "let" me do. It's something they said they had no plans doing(which was a potential outright lie), so that customers buy the vanilla version only to reveal the lie months later so drive up sales - screwing over all the customers who bought the perdix. And the most pathetic thing about it are the legions of mindless fanboys that don't see a single problem with this.

You are a unique snowflake! Here is a participation trophy, you can admire it in your safe place free from conflict, strife, and differing opinions.

You certainly have heard of the Osborne effect? Osborne effect - Wikipedia

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

You certainly have heard of the Osborne effect? Osborne effect - Wikipedia

I had not, but it certainly makes sense. However, in this case, Shearwater didn't just remain silent in order to avoid an Osborne effect. Rather, they stated right here on SB almost exactly a year ago that they had no plans for an AI Perdix at that time. I happen to believe that statement because I trust them. Others may not. I think it's laudable that Shearwater has been so candid on this board about various things--I suppose it has made me a fanboy--and I would hate to see them become more guarded in the future about what they say.

Back
Top Bottom