Shearwater Perdix Ai won't plan past 130'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That it is. They really should have a better manual for this thing. I love this computer but it's taking some time getting use to it. Put it in tec mode and it ask me how long I want to stay. Just wish it gave me a NDL bottom time like rec mode. But I can make this work just fine. Thanks

That is the first I have ever heard of that request regarding a Shearwater product. I would say that the "manual" that you can download online is very straight forward and most people can and do use Shearwater products without ever looking at the manual, it is that intuitive.

EDIT : Mine has NDL in tec mode as evident by this picture...

IMG_0363.JPG

Last edited:
That it is. They really should have a better manual for this thing. I love this computer but it's taking some time getting use to it. Put it in tec mode and it ask me how long I want to stay. Just wish it gave me a NDL bottom time like rec mode. But I can make this work just fine. Thanks

The Petrel YouTube videos are helpful. Not the same unit, but the menu system is pretty doggone close and it walks through changing the depth, ppo2, etc. The actual Perdix videos are a little weak.

I had a little bit of the same problem until I read closely and realized that on page 4 of the AI manual where it says "
This manual only covers operation of the AI feature. Please see the Perdix manual for full operating instructions of the
dive computer features".

Use this one for all the nuts and bolts questions about operation. https://www.shearwater.com/manuals/Perdix-Operating-Intructions-Manual.pdf

That is the first I have ever heard of that request regarding a Shearwater product. I would say that the "manual" that you can download online is very straight forward and most people can and do use Shearwater products without ever looking at the manual, it is that intuitive.

EDIT : Mine has NDL in tec mode as evident by this picture...

View attachment 419688
A 15 day surface interval - I hope you survive! We ought to be tracking surface time like OTUs, and if it's just for our mental health.

A 15 day surface interval - I hope you survive! We ought to be tracking surface time like OTUs, and if it's just for our mental health.

Yhea, I am going to meetings now regarding my withdrawal symptoms.. :wink:

at only 15 days, I'm envious.... 6/25 was my last "big boy" dives, and 7/4 was my last splash.....

and just last night, the wife mentioned cancelling Tobermory (8/10 - 8/13) due to an emergency health issue she is having...

at only 15 days, I'm envious.... 6/25 was my last "big boy" dives, and 7/4 was my last splash.....

and just last night, the wife mentioned cancelling Tobermory (8/10 - 8/13) due to an emergency health issue she is having...
I know the feeling - I have only done pool work in the last three (you read right) months. My last proper dive was back at the end of March.

Back
Top Bottom