Shearwater Perdix and Perdix ai question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenn Williams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
all: just been reading the manual and I do not see unless I missed it.

Is there a “do not fly” icon on these computers?

I have it on my Suunto Eon core and my aqualung i300c.

Just wondering as ai didn’t see any reference to it browsing the manuals. Thanks in advance

Glenn Williams

I wonder why Shearwater left that off? Seems like it is kind of important. I always default to 24 hours anyway but it would be nice if that countdown was displayed.

Glenn

I wonder why Shearwater left that off? Seems like it is kind of important. I always default to 24 hours anyway but it would be nice if that countdown was displayed.

Glenn

I think Shearwater, given the type of people who buy their products, tend to treat us as adults and make informed descisions.

I read that article. Thanks but my question was is it displayed on the perdix? I am aware of the no dive times for single and complex or multi dives. Just wondering if the perdix has it.

No, it is not displayed. It is the 4th sentence of the article @tursiops linked you to. “We are often asked why our computers do not display a “Time to Fly.”

Further down: “These recommendations aren’t calculations based on the theoretical tissue load. They are based on the type and duration of the diving activity, and a key factor that the computer can’t know – does the diver have symptoms of DCS. We have chosen not to reduce these recommendations to a calculation and we ask our customers to evaluate their situation and use an appropriate preflight surface interval.”

With that said, always 24 hours for me.

I believe that the Shearwater is marketed to the type of divers that are able to add 12, 18, or 24 (or more) hours (depending on their dive profiles) to their last dive time and do not require an airplane icon with an "X" through it to know they should not be flying.

Back
Top Bottom