• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Shearwater Peregrine Won't Connect To Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by Aqua Turtle, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Aqua Turtle

Aqua Turtle Garibaldi

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Anyone else have problems with the new Shearwater? I just bought it tonight but it will not connect to my Windows Surface 7pro, my Pixel 4Xl, or my iPhone. All the devices will see it but it will not connect. Should I take it back to the store and return it tomorrow or has anyone else had this issue?

Boston Breakwater likes this.
  2. KenGordon

KenGordon Rebreather Pilot

How old is your iPhone? You need BT LE which started with the iPhone 6s orhereabouts.

I suggest going back to the shop and asking for help and trying another Shearwater with your phone. While I have had issues with Windows PCs I have had complete success with iPads and iPhones.

buddhasummer likes this.
  3. d^2b

d^2b Worse diving through photography ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I read that the latest peregrine firmware contains bluetooth fixes, so that's another thing to try (although how to upgrade the firmware without bluetooth sounds like a catch-22)

Boston Breakwater and scrane like this.
  4. Snoweman

Snoweman Great White

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I was having a heck of a time getting my Perdix to connect to my Motorola G6, until I realized I had to pick the Perdix on a list of devices to connect with on my phone. That felt really stupid.

Boston Breakwater likes this.
  5. Boston Breakwater

Boston Breakwater "Outlaw." Solo Diver ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Hello. I suggest trying to connect one device at a time. Make sure Bluetooth is off, within the other devices. Also, if you have other computers, Desktop, laptop etc. make sure they are of as well.
    I had a computer in another room, running Win 8 in a virtual machine that interfered with the Bluetooth connection. Once, I shut down the virtual machine it worked fine. If, you're at wits end????
    Shearwaters customer service will walk you through it.
    Cheers.
    Edit: Win 7 May not be compatible? Although, that shouldn't have anything to do with the other devices.
    Call Shearwater.....:wink:

buddhasummer and Barnaby'sDad like this.