Shearwater Peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got to test mine out today. Very happy with the display. Even looks great in this photo captured by my old GoPro 3+.

775F3014-E4CC-42B7-BA56-25ACCA3AA00A.jpeg

Will have to tinker with the bottom row of the display (don’t care to see the mix or mod while I’m puttering around a 60’ deep quarry) and decide how much of the remaining bungee I want do cut off.

Here’s a picture of the scuba Mr. T setup I was running today (dive slate just out of frame to the left).:popcorn:

979E9947-EB47-4F21-9D1B-54CABA2D42EC.jpeg

What computer is on your right wrist? I leave my bungees long so the perch have soemthing to play with.

What computer is on your right wrist? I leave my bungees long so the perch have soemthing to play with.

The one on the right is a Mares Matrix.

That's why we change mobiles every 3-4 years. Are you willing to change dive computers every 3-4 years or less?

The issue that causes people to replace their cell phones more frequently in recent years is not the fault of the phones.

Apple to pay up to $500 million to settle U.S. lawsuit over slow iPhones

Apple Inc has agreed to pay up to $500 million to settle litigation accusing it of quietly slowing down older iPhones as it launched new models, to induce owners to buy replacement phones or batteries.

The issue that causes people to replace their cell phones more frequently in recent years is not the fault of the phones.

It's not just people who change iphones, they also change Android and others brands.

The positive thing in this case is that the battery is replaceable by factory or technical service. It won't be necessary to throw away the Peregrine ;-)

Correct. It’s the batteries. This article doesn’t get into the details of why, but my understanding is that the official reason the phones were slowed down was due to aging batteries. Throttling the processor should use less power, thereby making the battery last longer.

The problem is that the throttling was not properly disclosed to the user. This has been changed in subsequent iOS releases. I’m not saying that the underlying reason for the throttling was not to try to sell new phones, just that the trigger was aging batteries. When Apple made it possible to turn off the throttling in a subsequent iOS update, I checked my iPhone 7 and saw that it was not being throttled.

Back to the dive computer. The computer itself should not need replacement after 3-4 years, but there is a possibility that the battery will need replacement. This means it needs to be taken for service if the battery is not user serviceable. That’s not Peregrine specific but applies to others as well.

This means it needs to be taken for service if the battery is not user serviceable. That’s not Peregrine specific but applies to others as well.
Each time fewer. Almost all brands and modelos allow battery change by users. Will sending your computer to service for a battery change be a return to the past? We don't know yet.

Each time fewer. Almost all brands and modelos allow battery change by users. Will sending your computer to service for a battery change be a return to the past? We don't know yet.
True, but not those with contactless charging. My understanding was that those (or most) use batteries that are not user serviceable.

Back
Top Bottom