Shearwater Peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Almost all brands and modelos allow battery change by users.

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is." -- William Jefferson Clinton

Only the low-end ones running off 24xx watch batteries, and a couple of brick-end ones w/ AAs do. And the former only since they stopped doing oil fills and invented separately-sealed battery compartments.

Looking at the side profile of the Shearwaters, they would have to bulk it up to fit the AA battery. The plan was a less bulky battery.

FYI, the Shearwater NERD2 is a Shearwater replaceable only rechargeable battery. When mine dies it will be shipped in for a replacement. So this idea isn't anything new in the Shearwater world.

Here’s a picture of the scuba Mr. T setup I was running today (dive slate just out of frame to the left).:popcorn:

View attachment 617228

Nice.

I normally use “Wonder Woman” to refer to my ensemble of dive jewelry.

Seeing as I’m a male, maybe I should upgrade my reference.

Shearwater NERD2 battery specs:
The typical battery life is 5 years or 500 charge cycles. The battery can be replaced at authorized service centers. The cost of replacement is $100 CAD + shipping. The battery replacement includes inspection, functional testing and pressure testing.

Actually, it's an assumed price for 5 years: $100 CAD = (65 EUR or 75 USD) + shipping

The Shearwater Peregrine has similar battery specifications.

OK I understand. Computers like Suunto EON or Aqualung i770R
My Eon's are over 5 years old, both have +500 dives, battery fully charge level has only dropped by 15% from new. Mine's also used in Middle East where the heat is hard on such devices.

I've no doubt Shearwater batteries will last just as long and be just as reliable

I think the issue of deteriorating inbuilt batteries is overstated

FYI, the Shearwater NERD2 is a Shearwater replaceable only rechargeable battery. When mine dies it will be shipped in for a replacement. So this idea isn't anything new in the Shearwater world.
True. And this is a much better prospect than having to send a computer with a non-rechargeable battery in for service.

I think the issue of deteriorating inbuilt batteries is overstated
Without a doubt, battery technology has gotten much better in recent years. Still occasional problems, but certainly much better.

I went with a Perdix AI over a Teric for a couple of reasons. At the time, the Teric battery issues were still an open issue, so that weighed in. If I were to buy today, I don’t think it would be a concern. I’d probably still get the Perdix, but that is mainly because I don’t wear a watch, so the watch size isn’t a major factor.

Very interesting article about factors affecting battery life on Shearwater Perdix and Petrel dive computers: Factors Affecting Battery Life on Shearwater Dive Computers - Shearwater Research

perdix-battery-life-graph.png

I leave my Terics on high, I can exit the cave on them.

Does anyone know where I can find a Silicone Protective Cover for Peregrine Computers similar to this?--> Petrel Protective Cover-Orange Silicone (FITS PETREL 1 & 2)

I have been in contact with The World of Rebreather & Technical Diving Products | Narked at 90 on facebook.
They said:
18. August
"Will there be a protective silicone cover for the Shearwater Peregrine?"
Narked at 90 .com
"yes we are just working on the molds"
18. November
"Hi again. Is the protective silicone cover for the peregrine any closer ?"
Narked at 90 .com
"The first samples should be her soon but then we need to approve the fit and quality before going to full
production"

I have also found this on a french website:
Peregrine Protective Cover

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom