Shearwater Reliability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

89 dives on Teric with AI no failures

582 dives in 4 years on my Perdix non Ai. Only drama was a screen failure during the first year, which was repaired under warranty.

Other than the battery issue, Teric has a total of 11 days total with no issues and even when the battery was fast draining it worked fine only requiring more frequent charging.

Perdix non-AI
2.5 yrs old
346 dives
0 issues

Roughly 600 dives on my Predator to max depth of 170 ft or so with multiple dives in 38F temps. No issues other than when they first came out there was a battery door problem that was fixed by replacing the cap they sent me at no charge.
2 Perdixes each with nearly 300 dives each on them including students who used them in classes. Only issue was I left a battery in and it leaked. The US service center repaired it under warranty. That was because it wasn't evident looking in that the battery had leaked but when opened up it was clear it had.
Do not store them with batteries installed! If using SAFT batteries, use only genuine ones. They are stamped made in France and have a date code. The copies are made in China and the UK and are junk.

Perdix AI in service since April 2017. 200 dives. No issues. I replace the transmitter battery frequently to keep the signal at optimum strength.

hit or miss....

Petrel1 crapped at 20 dives, but being at -25F might have been a contributing factor. SW came to the plate covering the parts while I covered the labor as the repair work was through their contract repair center here in the USA (so I didn't expect him to eat that cost).

No issues with my Pedrix AI, but only maybe 40 dives....

full confidence!

(I have had both good and bad experiences with other brands in the past, and I am more than impressed with the support from SW - that is where it makes a difference. Others have been abysmal...)

I’m really appreciating all these numbers, thanks all and keep them coming.

I’m waiting for someone to come in with thousands of dives lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom