Shearwater Teric and Transmitter Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This would sit in a damp environment (boat or a box in a dive bag, etc...) and the answer is?

This would sit in a damp environment (boat or a box in a dive bag, etc...) and the answer is?

I guess there's always the possibility, sure (a possibility with all wrenches I would think?). If it's kept in a decent box / tool bag, on the rarity that it had to be pulled out I think I would just wipe it off, and really it's nothing a little WD40 and some oil can't take of.

I've had mine for over a year but it usually lives in a tool bag that usually lives in the van. No rust as of yet (but very limited exposure to saltwater).

As I said, for me it would only be a freshwater environment......

just trying to get an opinion of the plating. With some, quality can be "interesting"....

As I said, for me it would only be a freshwater environment......

just trying to get an opinion of the plating. With some, quality can be "interesting"....

Understood. I don't have a ton of experience with it around salt as I too am mostly fresh.

I have at least 15 different adjustable wrenches of all different sizes and prices, this being the least expensive. Besides being smaller (which is what I wanted) I don't think it feels / looks / works any different than any of my other wrenches. In fact, if I pulled this one out of it's rubber handle (which I have), they're almost identical (the one I linked before is slightly slimmer up top for tighter spaces);

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014FGUY...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

So update:

I ended up buying an XS Scuba HP splitter and plugging the transmitter and backup SPG into it. It worked great. and I did not remove it to travel, I padded it instead. As far as the T2, I was able to see my wifes tank pressure predive, and during the dive if I got close enough and of course post dive. It was kinda cool.

Now, for those of you who have Sheerwaters and the app: Her computer had like 140 dives on it and I do not want to download all those dives into her phone. Is there a way to delete them in one motion rather than 1 by one in the PC? It takes a long time and those arent her dives.

Thanks in advance.

It probably depends on what app you are using on her phone. I use Subsurface and when I downloaded my granddaughters dives from an older computer I gave her when she got certified, it showed all the dives on the computer in the app download list. I was able to uncheck the entire list with one click then go back and check just her dives and download them into Subsurface. After that, it no longer tries to download anything but her new dives. I have no idea if you can do that with the app you are using but I would take a look at that to see if I could.

On the Teric: Menu -> Log -> Scroll up to Log Options -> Delete All

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom