• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Shearwater Teric or Perdix?

Discussion in 'Shearwater Research' started by Coconut Monkey, Mar 30, 2019.

Shearwater Teric vs Shearwater Perdix

1. Shearwater Teric

37 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. Shearwater Perdix

94 vote(s)
    67.6%
  3. Both of these do not suit you well

8 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. RobPNW

RobPNW Contributor

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    If the Perdix had those features, I would consider it the perfect computer option for me, easy to read, form fitting and low profile, and no openings or anything plugging into it. I would buy that device in a heartbeat and not look back on the watch style options.

2. stuartv

stuartv Seeking the Light ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I dive dry. I don’t find it hard to work my Teric at all.

Umm... the back of the Perdix is already concave?

If you want what you described, buy a Teric.

3. rddvet

rddvet DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I find sometimes the teric is a pain to get to the buttons with my drysuit. I have a dui suit with zipseals and my wife has a santi with smart seals. I think the ring systems make it more of an issue than drysuits with nonreplaceable seals

4. scrane

scrane Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I would really like a Perdix scaled to AAA battery!

5. stuartv

stuartv Seeking the Light ScubaBoard Supporter

I have Kubi dry glove rings on one of my drysuits. I was diving it with my Teric just yesterday. The buttons are easy for me to press - but I also should note that I rarely need to press any buttons on my Teric during a dive. Generally, it would only be for gas switches during a deco dive - and I pretty much only do deco dives on my CCR anymore - where I don't use a Teric anyway.

On my other dry suit, I have no rings and I can push the buttons easily there, too. Between the two, it is actually easier to press the buttons when wearing dry gloves than when using 3mm wet gloves with my other drysuit.

Maybe the problem is your specific dry gloves? Every person I have ever seen using zip seal dry gloves has had gloves where the glove fingers were way bigger/fatter than the person's actual fingers. They always seems to have extra material around their fingers and hands. My dry gloves fit over my hands (with glove liners) very snugly. No extra loose material getting in the way and messing with my dexterity.

6. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Sorry, too many posts to review, what to the 7 others dive?

upload_2020-4-26_17-26-49.png

Ben_3 likes this.
  7. Ben_3

Ben_3 Contributor

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I guess one would have to change the battery more often. AAA are probably harder to get in certain places too.

8. Manatee Diver

Manatee Diver Stop throwing lettuce at me! ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: None - Not Certified
    It is available enough for the US DSS (the people who guard ambassadors and related personnel overseas) that they asked Aimpoint to make an optical sight using a AAA instead of the coin battery it was originally designed for. As they thought that they could easily find AAA batteries.

Ben_3 likes this.
  9. Valyngar

Valyngar Solo Diver

Is there lithium equivalent for AAA? Like AA -> saft.

10. scrane

scrane Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Yah, but think about reducing the size of the Perdix by a third. Reducing the current dead screen and bezel areas you could just about maintain display area. Only problem for me would be the lack of Saft AAA. Plenty of options in rechargeable Ni-MH, but I've never used Ni-MH in my Perdix so I don't know how they would stack up against the fantastic Saft.