• Shearwater Teric

Votes: 38 26.2%
  • Shearwater Perdix

Votes: 99 68.3%
  • Both of these do not suit you well

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will at some point be replacing my regular Perdix with either a Perix AI or a Teric. I do have the concerns about having to charge nightly. But I haven't used it. The people using the Teric seem to really love it, so I'm hoping to see one in action and see how it is. At this point, I'm leaning towards a Perdix AI, but as I said, I haven't tried the Teric yet.

Recharging it nightly is a load of crap. Apologies for my blunt words but it's an oft repeated piece of complete BS.

Recharging it nightly is a load of crap. Apologies for my blunt words but it's an oft repeated piece of complete BS.
After how many hours do you need to charge your Teric?

No need to do it every night, no matter how many times you say it.

Reactions: Jay
I actually think that’s what he meant.
Exactly - it was very obvious that he was saying that the claim made by some that you need to recharge the Teric every night was a load of crap!

I find the teric screen easier to read than the petrel

After how many hours do you need to charge your Teric?

After 4 days of diving (max brightness, 2sec sample, minimal watch use, AI). If you search my name, you'll see a lot more written about it.

On Med brightness, default sample rate (10secs) and using AI, no watch use) you do get the advertised ~30hrs of Dive Mode time.

Exactly - it was very obvious that he was saying that the claim made by some that you need to recharge the Teric every night was a load of crap!

Eh. :idk:I think the opposite is very clear. He said " I do have the concerns about having to charge [it] nightly". How did you read it?

On Med brightness, default sample rate (10secs) and using AI, no watch use) you do get the advertised ~30hrs of Dive Mode time.

Thanks. That's the information I was looking for. For the use that I'm looking at, that'd cover me for 4, maybe 5 days for sure. I don't know why some folks were so hysterical about battery use. Of course, people here are overreacting too. Thanks for responding with data.

Thanks. That's the information I was looking for. For the use that I'm looking at, that'd cover me for 4, maybe 5 days for sure. I don't know why some folks were so hysterical about battery use. Of course, people here are overreacting too. Thanks for responding with data.

You're welcome.

Yes, there's some non-users who've posted battery misinformation a bit and IDK why. I suspect perhaps initially stemmed from some faulty (battery) units.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom