Shearwater transmitter with apeks kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SecT

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone configured regs with apeks kit? How did you put the transmitter vs spg?

Just got Perdix AI with 2 transmitters and wonder how to put it together the best way.

Any pics of that kinda setup??

Thanks

Anyone configured regs with apeks kit? How did you put the transmitter vs spg?

Just got Perdix AI with 2 transmitters and wonder how to put it together the best way.

Any pics of that kinda setup??

Thanks

I don't believe this would be realistic with Razor style hose routing as the SPG's have to go down and the transmitters would go straight up. This would make them extremely vulnerable. You can route the valves down with SPG's lollipopped and the transmitters down, but personally I would use SPG's and just use the transmitters on their own

I don't believe this would be realistic with Razor style hose routing as the SPG's have to go down and the transmitters would go straight up. This would make them extremely vulnerable. You can route the valves down with SPG's lollipopped and the transmitters down, but personally I would use SPG's and just use the transmitters on their own

I dont want to hade spg lollipoped. Feels like they would be in the way..

Had one thought to "wrap" spg like on a stage bottel from top port, but not sure if that is a good way either.

Were hoping someone else already had any good ideas.

Without putting the SPGs up (or at a 45° angle ), the transmitter will have to go up, there's no other way.
You could go into some convoluted **** with a QD on the transmitter, a hose and a 90° adapter at the reg (do they exist?).

But to be fair, I would do one or the other...

I dont want to hade spg lollipoped. Feels like they would be in the way..

Had one thought to "wrap" spg like on a stage bottel from top port, but not sure if that is a good way either.

Were hoping someone else already had any good ideas.

I can confirm that if done properly, they are very much not in the way, but if you want to run Razor style, you have to just ditch the SPG's. Personally, especially with a Perdix, I don't see any reason to use SPG's on the first stages

Horrible image, but it gives the idea.

20160708_143910.jpg

Horrible image, but it gives the idea.

View attachment 407096

YES. Period. ;-)

Having sad that, I run APEKS XTX stage with Shearwater transmitter on 15cm hose (pointing down) and a pony SPG (pointing up) - great if you want to re-confirm pressure without switching on computer, e.g. on LOB to check if refilled already). My transmitter is covered under a wide bungee bandage to reduce risk of entanglement.

Super happy with this config :)

How I have mine setup..

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 149
On mine above the hose is a 9" with a 1.5" gauge under the bungee. I like this because the TX is on the swival side of the splitter allowing it to move aroud rather than be leveraged against things and I don't have to bring the entire tank around my shoulder to see the gauge. Also, keeps the top of the reg clean and snag free. I had an incident the other day where one of my PDCs (before I got my Perdix) lost the TX code. Didn't stop my dive because I had the guage, but was a bigger pain in the ass then I like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom