Shelf Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OP also asked, "Are they sealed to a point where they remain ok until at least first used?" This was answered for the O2 sensor but not CO.

I would like to know when the sensor life cycle starts on a CO sensor. At first use when unsealed? Or date of manufacture?
If an Analox CO analyzer has been on a retailers shelf for 1.5yrs what could be expected for sensor life, 1.5yrs used up?

thanks

The OP also asked, "Are they sealed to a point where they remain ok until at least first used?" This was answered for the O2 sensor but not CO.

I would like to know when the sensor life cycle starts on a CO sensor. At first use when unsealed? Or date of manufacture?
If an Analox CO analyzer has been on a retailers shelf for 1.5yrs what could be expected for sensor life, 1.5yrs used up?

thanks

Good point. Also if you buy a new sensor, are they sealed the same so life use starts from opening, or does life use start from manufacture?

Hi Divers,

The straight answer is all electrochemical sensors begin degrading from the day they are manufactured, this applies to both O2 and CO sensors. The level of degradation is both time and exposure dependent: We recommend and supply a sensor saver cap with the O2EII because the sensor is exposed to 20.9% O2 in ambient air. We do not provide a sensor saver cap with the EIICO because the expectation is the EIICO is not exposed to a significant amount of CO in ambient air to gain any advantage by applying the cap. The Analox factory warranty (which has been stated in prior posts on this thread) begins 3 months after the unit is sold by us to the authorized dealer.

Last edited:
Thanks Patti, helps us all have the right expectations and understand what we are buying. Appreciate the info, just need to go and organise some now.

Patti,

Just bought an ATA pro Trimix analyser and a EII CO analyser, thanks. Happy with the info as they LDS gave me a discount as well because of the shelf life.

My Hudson RCI analyzer is sitting on 7 years for it's last sensor (marked 12/06) and still correlates spot on when tested at 21%/50%/100%. I'm simple and keep it in a ziplock bag with the sensor in the corner with an o-ring around it from the outside of the bag sealing the tip of the sensor. Is there any difference between the medical grade analyzers and the diver specific analyzers? The actual sensors look the same, just curious.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom