Sherwood AVID BCD Two (2) Simultaneous Catastrophic Plastic Tank Mount Failures.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That must be that big tag. I'll have a look later when I'm home. Is there a lot # or MM/YY number published that shows it's safe after XXX?
If not, how can I tell?
I just know they told me it was changed about 5-6 years ago. I will send you a PM.

Plastic Tank Mount Failures
OMG. i cant believe sherwood has not done a recall on this. I am on dive vacation in mexico and both my plastic strap bases attaching tank straps to bcd comoletely dissinegrated. my tank just floated attached inly by carry strap on top and bcd control tube. This is truly a huge safety issue. Did u ever follow up w sherwood and file a complaint. I will try to add pictures. Both dissinegrating at same time js a huge safery issue!

Attachments

• BBB9E9D4-9FAA-4889-ABFE-7FDA7D95CB38.jpeg
    BBB9E9D4-9FAA-4889-ABFE-7FDA7D95CB38.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 2A2E6D5F-C1FD-4F3C-A1FD-F97A8CD0CB2C.jpeg
    2A2E6D5F-C1FD-4F3C-A1FD-F97A8CD0CB2C.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 81
  • F369BFBA-86EB-4EA0-BC13-0C3124EC48EE.jpeg
    F369BFBA-86EB-4EA0-BC13-0C3124EC48EE.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 99
  • D57FB78C-7A32-4CA9-A603-D1BF32600B7B.jpeg
    D57FB78C-7A32-4CA9-A603-D1BF32600B7B.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 91
Hi All:

Been a while since I logged in. Sherwood actually replaced my BCD!

Yeah had the same thing happen to me. Luckily was in a pool when it happened. Did a giant stride and cam bands with tank totally separated from BCD. I emailed Sherwood and didn't hear anything about it ever.

sherwood has not done anything, even a thousand of problems with their bcd Avid and a lot of their regulator, the plastic covers and the tank holders are garbage. you would think that they would do the right thing they done nothing. never buy any of their products.

sherwood has not done anything, even a thousand of problems with their bcd Avid and a lot of their regulator, the plastic covers and the tank holders are garbage. you would think that they would do the right thing they done nothing. never buy any of their products.
Hi:

Been a while since I logged in.

Sherwood actually replaced my BCD!

OMG. i cant believe sherwood has not done a recall on this. I am on dive vacation in mexico and both my plastic strap bases attaching tank straps to bcd comoletely dissinegrated. my tank just floated attached inly by carry strap on top and bcd control tube. This is truly a huge safety issue. Did u ever follow up w sherwood and file a complaint. I will try to add pictures. Both dissinegrating at same time js a huge safery issue!yeap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom