Sherwood Genesis Bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

star1107

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
Hopefully someone can help. I lost the round rubber disk, gasket? That is on the shoulder part of the bc when you unscrew the inflator. I'm usually very careful when I clean it but it's finally gotten away from me. I have scoured the internet and all I can find is a total inflator replacement for 100 bucks. Not really what I want to do. Anyone know where I could find one for a sherwood genesis? Thanks!

you are in Gainesville, promised land of the technical divers. Unfortunately since this is in Sherwood we aren't supposed to say other manufacturers, but screw it.

This should be a universal gasket. Drive the half hour up to Ginnie Springs area and go to Cave Country Dive Shop and ask Kristi to help you. They should have a boat load of them since they're universal and cave divers tend to lose things like that fairly regularly. If she doesn't have any for whatever reason, call Tobin at Deep Sea Supply and he should be able to help you out. CCDS is a great shop though, and the Bernot's are fantastic.

Dive Rite Bladder Flange Gasket | Dive Gear Express®
That is the dive rite part number for reference

Haha, I am a technical diver myself but still do ow on occasion. From what little I could find they were not universal so that's awesome news. I agree, already familiar with CCDS. Thanks for the link!

p.m. sent i have an old one that is still in good shape.

OD is 1 1/2 ID is 7/8

...This should be a universal gasket. ...
Seems that way, although not all inflators are created equal.

The inflator on my new(er) cressi sub travel BCD has the same size flange as my old Sherwood BCD, but has different threads per inch (TPI). I know this because the first thing I did was to try and install my old inflator on my new bcd since the sherwood inflator was just better. No dice. The Sherwood had more TPI. Very close, but no cigar. Same for the overpressure / dump valves.

The gasket IS the same.

So I picked up a dive rite one and it works. And thanks again for sending me one giffenk. Hopefully I will have a backup now when it gets here just in case. Problem solved! Thanks everyone :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom