sherwood hp80 steel with 300 BAR DIN valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vino21

Contributor
Reaction score
HP Steel 80
The markings read DOT-E9791 (which I think is the serial number)
3500 (which is the working pressure
TP5250 (which is the test pressure)
IA 556627 (not sure)
The valve is DIN (so HP) and reads Sherwood 6300 Steel 80
The HYDRO first stamp was 7-96
The Hydro second stamp was 06/10
The VIP was done this year.
GREAT CONDITION!!!!
I only dove with it 2 or 3 times in a pool and at Dutch. I bought it from the previous owner from San Diego early this year. Not sure how many dives she had on them.
This tank is too small for me. If your interested, let me know. You can come by if your in the upper west side to take a look at it and make me an offer.
Pictures upon request.
Thanks!
Here is a comment from someone about this cylinder:
You have a classic sherwood hp80 steel with 300 BAR DIN valve. Those are great tanks, well at least the 100s are. If you look at the original manufacture stamp it will show a little square mark that has a PST. That stamp is there because pressed steel made those tanks for sherwood. Those are some awesome tanks, but the only negative is the small neck valve on them is becoming hard to find. Luckily they're easily rebuilt if there's a shop that knows what they're doing. The 3500 is the pressure rating because back then HP tanks were rated to 3500psi not 3442 like new hps are.

If that tank is in good shape you should be able to ask $150 to 200 for it. that is an awesome tank for a small person, esp a very petite woman or a teenager.

Good luck with the sale. I'm a big old Sherwood tank fan. Hopefully someone who knows what they're looking at will swing by and give you a good price.

how many do you have, and what are you asking for them? If you have 2, do you have the manifold to double them up?

No only one.in great shape.$165?
let me know. Of course you pay shipping. I know its about $55 from san Diego to new york

Back
Top Bottom