Sherwood oversized BCD 3xl-5xl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chet H

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i have been looking the last several months for a BCD I figured Ill add my two cents. First me ... I am 6'4 380lbs (173 kg) I have dived in the XXL BCD from various manufactures , some fit better then others, but none right . After much research ( finding a company that actually makes a bcd oversized and not just a longer cummerbund.) I have purchased the Sherwood XXXL -5xl AVID comp3 ... I could not be more happy. It fits around my sides and down my shoulders as well as sits as it should on my waist line. Rather than looking like a fat guy in a little bcd, I actually look relatively normal. The integrated weight bags work great and the jacket has a lot of d rings pockets and clips. I have tried the wing and harness setup , though you can make things fit it is definitely not made for big humans . the shoulders are narrow on some and they are always short ,,,, you end up with the rings andclips up near your shoulder tops ... FYI though I am heavy my body is not obese (... 60 inch chest , very broad shoulders 22inch neck but a 44 waist ) , so the wing set up may fit other normal bigger people better The sherwood was definitely designed by a big person for a big person ... if anyone needs pics please let me know . kudos to you guys

chet

The sherwood was definitely designed by a big person for a big person ... if anyone needs pics please let me know .

I joined this board specifically so I could respond to this. I am looking at getting this vest to use for my PADI open water certification. I would love pictures if you get a chance. Thank You in advance!

CJ

I joined this board specifically so I could respond to this. I am looking at getting this vest to use for my PADI open water certification. I would love pictures if you get a chance. Thank You in advance!

CJ
Not sure how this works so I hope this finds you. What type of pic do you need ? FYI it maybe easier chamilton018 at g mail dot com

I know this is an old thread, but I was just wondering how the BCD is working out a year later. I'm about your size and on a quest to find a BCD that fits me well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom