Sherwood Vision, help changing the battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvbellomo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am able to rotate the cover 10 degrees with a screw driver as suggested in the manual, or even using my hands. I am not able to remove the cover. I don't know if I I need more inwards force, more rotational force, or if I need to pry the cover off once I am done rotating.

LeisurePro sent me a unit with a dead battery, and I am hours away from a pool class. I realize that isn't your problem, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

The rotation is about 10°. A little gentle persuasion to lift the plastic ring off, no forceful prying. There are a couple of plastic tabs that fit into slots where you can't see yet, you don't want to pry it off if they aren't aligned for removal.

I don't have one here to look at, but do I recall that there are a couple of arrows to align so you can see when you have rotated the correct amount?

Arrows would certainly help, but I don't see them on the device or in the manual. There are arrows showing which direction to turn, but not how far.

There are pictures of a lock - locked and unlocked. Perhaps this was meant to show how far, by aligning the hole with the picture. If so, it isn't in the manual, and it would be better if we had a tick mark or something smaller so we could tell exactly how far to turn it.

BTW - I can't find anything in the manual about how to turn the device off. Do I need to just wait for it to power down?

BTW - I can't find anything in the manual about how to turn the device off. Do I need to just wait for it to power down?
Yes.

Now I am uncertain about the quick disconnect. Is this correct? It doesn't seem to go together any further and reads pressure correctly. But I don't think the gap was there when I got it.

Attachments

• 20190928_145040.jpg
    20190928_145040.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 229
That is a threaded part to twist closed in order to eliminate the gap, and make it harder to accidentally detach the computer from the QD hose. Just using it exactly "as is" right now is fine, that would then be more like the typical Pelagic QD hose and computer. But...
  1. It looks like it is currently overly "opened." Take it off the computer, hold the hose firmly in your left hand, and twist the piece on the end counter-clockwise with your right hand until it turns freely. Then twist it back in gently (clock-wise) but not so tight that it binds.
  2. Put the QD computer back on.
  3. Turn that same locking piece to close the gap, just until it is gently snug. Do NOT tighten it down hard against the computer - if you do you are very likely to lock it in place and make it very difficult to remove the computer! It is NOT an integral part of the connection mechanism, it is just an added "safety" lock.
I have a customer that keeps cranking his down way too hard until the only way he can remove his computer is to unscrew it from the male half of the QD fitting. I think I finally got him to stop doing that.

Helpful, but I still don't understand.

If I remove the computer with the quick disconnect, there are 2 pieces that turn freely but don't appear to do anything when I turn them. The hose attaches to a rubber 'ice cream cone' that seems designed to turn freely. Second, where the computer attaches, is a set of rubber grips on another round piece that seems designed to do something when I turn it, but just turns freely.

If the hose is vertical and I am looking down on it and turning clockwise, is that what you mean by clockwise? Because clockwise is the other way from the other side.

Do I adjust it with the computer off, then reattach it and adjust it again?

Helpful, but I still don't understand.

If I remove the computer with the quick disconnect, there are 2 pieces that turn freely but don't appear to do anything when I turn them. The hose attaches to a rubber 'ice cream cone' that seems designed to turn freely. Second, where the computer attaches, is a set of rubber grips on another round piece that seems designed to do something when I turn it, but just turns freely.

If the hose is vertical and I am looking down on it and turning clockwise, is that what you mean by clockwise? Because clockwise is the other way from the other side.

Do I adjust it with the computer off, then reattach it and adjust it again?
Sorry, my mistake: you don't hold the hose when turning the piece with the ridges, you hold the rubber part that looks like a hose protector. Here is a photo of that connection "open" on the left, and "closed" on the right. (My computer isn't here at the shop, but the hose has an old SPG on it.) Again, do NOT overdo the tightening of the locking piece - be gentle. And as mentioned before, you can use it without snugging that one piece close - it is just an added feature.
upload_2019-9-28_15-14-48.png

Back
Top Bottom