Sherwood Wisdom O-ring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henryville

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I need to replace a battery in a Sherwood Wisdom console and the LDS is being a d@#k.

Does anyone know if this is a custom 0-ring and if not, what the o-ring size is for the battery compartment?

Thanks

Anyone? Bueller?

I'm not specifically familiar with the Sherwood Wisdom computer -- the egg-shaped one, right? But it apparently uses a large coin-type CR-2450 battery, like so many of the hockey-puck types like Aeris and Oceanic.

If so, the o-ring should/could be size -026. To be sure, check a size chart like here... if you lay the old o-ring out on a flat surface and measure with a ruler, you'll be able to tell. Dimensions vary in 1/32" increments, which are easy enough to read off of a school ruler.

--Marek

Hey Henryville,

did you have any luck buying the o-rings separately? was the -026 the one? I am tired of paying $20 for a $3 battery and an O-Ring. I found these on some websites in different materials. If you bought and used some successfully, what material did you buy.

Many thanks!

you made my day! I found a 25 pack on amazon for like $1.25. Those should be ok? Or do you think I should look for an o-ring vendor? many thanks.

you are a wealth of the info I have been seeking! Are these the ones? Sorry if that is a silly question, I just want to make sure I get a good sealling worry free solution. Many thanks!
026 N90 Buna-N Nitrile O-ring Duro 9
or
2-026 Buna-N 70 O-Rings - Red

I may have found the answer with more research. 70 is the standard durometer for o rings, 90 is :very stiff"

I think this is the one?
-026 N70 Buna-N Nitrile 70 O-ring

The 70 is softer and will probably be better for this application. I don't do well memorizing things, so I try to keep a file on all the info I might need later. Here is one example...
What are BN, V, M83248, PU series?: BN series (nitrile) is the cheapest type usually found in hydraulic and plumbing shops. Most divers use them on one-time use basis or on rental equipments. Salt water, UV, oxygen and ozone attack nitrile causing to fail. V series are FKM (Viton) which is far superior than nitrile. V will withstand against those elements which attack nitrile. NOX is ok with V series. M83248 is military grade FKM. PU is polyurethane. It's clear amber in color, and some divers prefer its "prettiness" and resistance to abrasion. I've seen some postings recommending other types of synthetic rubber for dive use, some on EPDM too. There are definitely other synthetic materials which can be used in scuba application, but probably not worth your while to investigate especially if you plan to experiment on yourself. :)

70 vs. 90: It's all about the hardness or durometer. 90 is harder than 70. 90 can take more pressure than 70, but 70 is softer and supple. So HP and tank necks use 90, and LP uses 70.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom